PCSX2 1.4.0 Crashes
I currently ran into two issues with the new version of PCSX2 1.4.0 and  the old version of 1.2.1 that are related.

1.4.0 version - Currently Max Payne 2 freezes up to 1% speed when using bullet time.  Any fix or known issue with this?  I have a 7950 and Haswell PC setup.  Small artifact glitch top left when doing so as well

1.2.1 version - Max Payne 2 works fine and bullet time does not freeze, however there is a small glitch on the top left when doing so as well as 1.4.0.

1.4.0 and 1.2.1 version - Currently Max Payne does not work unless the EE/IOP and VUs are changed (Clamping to "Full" and Round mode to "Nearest" )  Any reason on these issues?

Currently running version 2.0 BIOS USA as well (Not sure if that helps) and all default video plugins - I just changed AA and FXAA.

Thank you for your hard work and any response would be great. Smile

Sponsored links

what about latest git build ?
tried OGL renderer ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-05-2016, 08:59 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what about latest git build ?
tried OGL renderer ?

I have tried Open GL.  It is a strange issue.  If i set it for 2x, 3x or any internal resolution increase it freezes when doing the bullet time.  However, when I am in game and then change it to 2x, and back to 3x, bullet time works fine and doesnt freeze the game.

OpenGL works fine, however there is tearing.  

I will try the new GIT build and see if it works okay in D3D.  Thanks!
you probably won't see much impromvement in d3d in latest git since the dev is more focused on OGL renderer
but you can give it a try anyways
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-05-2016, 09:13 AM)jra22387 Wrote: I have tried Open GL.  It is a strange issue.  If i set it for 2x, 3x or any internal resolution increase it freezes when doing the bullet time.  However, when I am in game and then change it to 2x, and back to 3x, bullet time works fine and doesnt freeze the game.

OpenGL works fine, however there is tearing.  

I will try the new GIT build and see if it works okay in D3D.  Thanks!

Update:

The game doesn't freeze in either renderer now from the latest GIT release.  However, both plugins seem to have glitches now.  Take a look at the screenshot to possibly help you guys with the bugs.  Thanks!

(11-05-2016, 09:15 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you probably won't see much impromvement in d3d in latest git since the dev is more focused on OGL renderer
but you can give it a try anyways

I posted the bugs I am seeing with either plugin and latest GIT build

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Unfortunately it seems the game got an half bottom screen issue (like plenty of game). Otherwise most of the effects seem to be emulated correctly.
(11-06-2016, 02:17 PM)gregory Wrote: Unfortunately it seems the game got an half bottom screen issue (like plenty of game). Otherwise most of the effects seem to be emulated correctly.

Just to note that might be fixed in the development builds, some games have this resolved now.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-06-2016, 02:31 PM)refraction Wrote: Just to note that might be fixed in the development builds, some games have this resolved now.
Also note that the user also had the isue with the latest git build. Tongue2

And I haven't seen this type of half-screen issue been resolved.
(11-06-2016, 02:40 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Also note that the user also had the isue with the latest git build. Tongue2

And I haven't seen this type of half-screen issue been resolved.

There is a few fixed

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1339
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-06-2016, 02:53 PM)refraction Wrote: There is a few fixed

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1339
Those that were fixed were a different kind of half-screen issue. There are several variations. Wink