PCSX2 1.4.0 Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll File is not a valid dynamic library
Hello. I've just registered here. 
I am using PCSX2 1.4.0 build. I had 1.0.0 before, but I just updated it by installing the new version over the old folder. After I open the emulator, when I open Plugin/BIOS selector tab, it begins enumerating available plugins. Then the window freezes for a few seconds. And then there are these lines in the PCSX2 program log:
" Path: D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll File is not a valid dynamic library.
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll' (error 1114: some text in my own language)
Some kinda plugin failure: D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll "
This is probably why I cannot play spiderman 2 right now. Please someone help.

Sponsored links

It just means your CPU/processor doesn't support AVX2. You can either delete the file or leave it as it is, it shouldn't stop you from playing any games, as you can just use one of the other GSdx plugins.

Spiderman 2 has several major issues. It's close to unplayable with hardware renderers, and software mode has issues too and can be very slow if you have an older CPU.
The weird thing is, I've tried running Spiderman 2 with PCSX2 version 1.0.0 too, but it wasn't even that slow when I tried that. It could actually run playably. But it just had horrible texture distortions, to the extent of making it unplayable.
Now I upgraded it to 1.4.0, it doesn't have texture issues now. But now it runs slow as hell, and doesn't even acknowledge my DPad controls (directions).
(06-15-2016, 03:48 AM)Erenussocrates Wrote: The weird thing is, I've tried running Spiderman 2 with PCSX2 version 1.0.0 too, but it wasn't even that slow when I tried that. It could actually run playably. But it just had horrible texture distortions, to the extent of making it unplayable.
Now I upgraded it to 1.4.0, it doesn't have texture issues now. But now it runs slow as hell, and doesn't even acknowledge my DPad controls (directions).

dunno about the dpad controls, maybe you should try a different input method (RAW over windows messaging, maybe).
About the slowness : it's not surprising. Pcsx2 became more accurate since 1.0.0 and thus needs more raw power to work around full speed
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
When a problem is fixed(especially this kind),it will start requiring more power...that's why you get better speed on 1.0.0 where less thing are rendered properly
Btw, about my CPU/processor not being able to support AVX2. Recently, I've brought my computer to a computer tech/maintenance store, to have my computer formatted. Before the format, when I run PCSX2, it didn't give me this error. And after this format had happened, I feel like my pc is just slower and way worse than before the format. It's not even running some non-PCSX2 related games properly. So I'm suspicious of this guy. He was supposed to install all the drivers too. Is there anything that he could have done to cause something to my CPU?
what is you cpu ?
Intel Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70 GHz

Btw, an update; lastly I downloaded and installed PCSX2 version 1.2.1 too, and tried running the game there. It has a nice balance between speed and textures now. But sadly, it crashed while I was playing after some time. Program log said out of memory. I wish I could find a memory patch too. PCSX2 1.4 seems way too demanding on user end I guess, at least for me. It even runs a game that I had ran quite nicely on 1.0 version -Soul Calibur 3-, very slowly.
I see.
your CPU isnt made for intensive CPU demanding applications, that's why you get so many slowdowns

Anyways, we only support 1.4.0 and above.
oudated versions aren't supported.
(06-15-2016, 08:40 AM)Erenussocrates Wrote: Btw, about my CPU/processor not being able to support AVX2. Recently, I've brought my computer to a computer tech/maintenance store, to have my computer formatted. Before the format, when I run PCSX2, it didn't give me this error. And after this format had happened, I feel like my pc is just slower and way worse than before the format. It's not even running some non-PCSX2 related games properly. So I'm suspicious of this guy. He was supposed to install all the drivers too. Is there anything that he could have done to cause something to my CPU?
It could just be that your power plan isn't set to high performance anymore. You can set it to high performance again in Control Panel -> Power Options.