PCSX2 Auto Closes on First Time Wizard Startup

It has something to do with file gsdx32-avx2.dll. No matter how many times I reinstall it, it keeps showing up.

It worked fine today up until I saw that PCSX2 had an update, so I uninstalled my previous version and installed this one. Now this problem won't go away.

I got a 1.2.1 .exe file and now the damn problem is affecting THAT one too! This is frustrating. Im already missing Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires. My aching heart!

Sponsored links

Going to the PCSX2\Plugins folder and deleting gsdx32-avx2.dll should resolve the issue.
(06-20-2016, 01:31 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Going to the PCSX2\Plugins folder and deleting gsdx32-avx2.dll should resolve the issue.

Thanks! It sure did!
Huh that should _not_ happen are you using the 1.4.0 release?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It has been reported a lot lately though.
Well we should debug it then, it's pretty serious
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-21-2016, 11:47 AM)Bositman Wrote: Well we should debug it then, it's pretty serious

It's not easy to debug when you don't have a processor which doesn't support AVX2  (I had one before but no longer anymore)

EDIT: Also, I don't think it force closes the first time configuration dialog. it just causes quite a bit of lag freeze for around a time period of 10 seconds.
Actually, there have been several reports of it crashing PCSX2, not just freezing.
(06-21-2016, 11:57 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Actually, there have been several reports of it crashing PCSX2, not just freezing.

Well, I had never encountered any such cases on my old Core2Duo. Hmm...