PCSX2 Bios
I use the bios of my broken ps2. Now I got a USA ps2 console that a friend gifted me because I repaired his laptop. The thing is that when I finished dumping to bios of the console, pcsx2 says that the bios is a Japan v2.20, but the console is an USA SCPH 77001 (the same model of my broken ps2). Even the dumper said it is the USA version. It's not a real problem since the emulator is still working with it, it is just a detail.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Hmm, I've heard of this before, but I'm not sure if a cause was found.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-17-2015, 04:52 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Hmm, I've heard of this before, but I'm not sure if a cause was found.

I Think it has something to do with the memory card. maybe free mcboot messed up the bios?
(08-17-2015, 05:15 AM)Miles Wrote: I Think it has something to do with the memory card. maybe free mcboot messed up the bios?

No, I doubt that.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I did some looking into this before here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Legal-USA...#pid446359

In short, when you use the original BIOS dumper, it dumps some slim PS2s as Japanese, whereas the new one, it will properly dump it.
Using the original BIOS won't affect much other than the BIOS will default to Japanese, which could theoretically mess with some multi-region games.
What does the bios says when you use fast\full boot without disk=>on browser press triangle
Btw you can change the info pcsx2 shows to whatever you want with hex editing on the bios

On phat ps2 the address is 0x3650 and on slim is 0x35B0

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'll try to redump the bios when i get to my home
I'm trying to use the ps2dumper.elf but it's stuck at "Started from unknown. Waiting for USB mass device to be ready..."

Edit: I checked the version with triangle in the menu and it's the same
(08-18-2015, 02:56 AM)Miles Wrote: I'm trying to use the ps2dumper.elf but it's stuck at "Started from unknown. Waiting for USB mass device to be ready..."

Edit: I checked the version with triangle in the menu and it's the same

I had trouble with ps2dumper.elf, I went through plenty of usb drives before I found one it liked, I think a kingston 8GB formatted as fat32 ended up working, though I used a similar one and it didn't.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the problem is, aside from for some reason, the original dumper dumps some slim BIOSs as Japanese.