PCSX2 Boot Error- System.cnf not found
I know this has been touched on several times, but I can't seem to find a (desirable) solution to my particular "system.cnf not found" problem.

I have been getting the system.cnf error from a freshly-downloaded/unzipped copy of pcsx2 v0.9.6 from the main site. I thought it unusual to be getting that error from a newly-downloaded copy.

I figured out how to fix the boot error by simply changing the GSdx 890 plugin's renderer from "Direct3D9 (hardware)" to "Direct3D9 (software)", but this causes the emu to run considerably slower than with the "Direct3D9 (hardware)" option. I have the USA BIOS (dumped from my PS2), and am simply trying to run the BIOS using the "CDVDnull driver" plugin.

Does anyone know why it works in Direct3D9 software mode but not hardware? Is therw a way to make it work in software mode? (I have the latest version of DirectX available (for windows xp), presuming that is what hardware mode uses).

Sponsored links

U should try the latest beta(and plugins also)
Get it here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

The plugin for cddvd u use must Linuz ISO
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
"System.cnf not found" it's not an error when you're trying to enter the bios using "CDVDnull driver"
With CDVDnull you won't be able to start any game
Does that mean CDVDnull is only to enter bios ? But why must that plugin exist in the emulator, cause at the pcsx2 itself it already has the feature "file->run BIOS"
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-12-2010, 05:09 PM)ikazu Wrote: Does that mean CDVDnull is only to enter bios ? But why must that plugin exist in the emulator, cause at the pcsx2 itself it already has the feature "file->run BIOS"

If you want to enter the memory card browser and format the cards or delete/move saves fr example.
Not everyone use the newest beta(the 0.9.6 don't have that feature to run the bios with option...0.9.6 requires that plugin)
Hmm.. I see. I think that i just need to look and differentiate between 0.9.6 and r1888
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G