PCSX2 Build r5347 review
I don't really mind not running in hi resolution, I see what you mean by an even more powerful CPU, FFX taxes it to around 75% sometimes. And Castlevania Curse of Darkness taxes it from 60% to 100% most of the time, it runs at 60fps but ingame the characters are slow moving, everything else runs fine even the sound isn't slow its just the characters movements, and they will speed up when the CPU isn't almost taxed. It seems Pcsx2 is very CPU demanding. I have AMD Turion 2 2.50ghz dual-core. I do need some help in picking a better CPU. Will a 3.0ghz Phenom 2 dual-core be an improvement enough to put those high numbers down a bit. Or do I need a Triple core or quad, and if so what speed would work. Do triple and quad cores with lower speeds do better then dual cores with faster speeds, like 2.2ghz quad core vs. 3.0ghz dual-core ? Please be specific in explaining this so I can might the right purchase. Thanks

Sponsored links

Triple core cpu dont exist Tongue I personally have a quad i7 2.2ghz stock that boosts up to 3.1ghz and i play All my games at a steady 50fps Pal using only the MTVU hack( it puts Vu on its own core ) But im sure some of the more tec minded users will give you excellent advise on what to looks for Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
AMD released a tri-core quite long ago...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for your advice and It would be great if more people gave me some insight into using dual-core too, and if I can still get good speed out of a 3ghz dual core for FFX and Castlevania curse of darkness. I am just looking to achive running those two games, they are my favorites. Plus I'm limited on money and this link here is what I can spend up too for now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-laptop-CPU-P...921wt_1270

Of course I had my eye on this one too since it says it has more bus speed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Phenom-II-N6...912wt_1037

But I would also spring for a triple or quad core but I am not sure. Will a AMD phenom 2 triple core clocked at 2.2ghz outperform an AMD dual-core at 2.50ghz. Or will a quad core clocked at around 1.8ghz outperform both dual and tripple. This is where I am getting confused and also need help too.
If someone could answer these questions it would make me happy to know, and I also needed to know if there would be any advantage of having a 64 bit OS. Will it yield more power for the CPU?
Simple, you'll break the 4GB system memory limit...
My laptop CPU is Phenom II X4 N930 @ 2.0 Ghz and it performs badly in PCSX2. Before the introduction of MTVU, the only game which ran at full speed was Metal Slug Anthology. Now with MTVU, the third CPU core is utilized, and I was able to run FFX and Fatal Frame 1 (but Fatal Frame 1 requires software mode to work correctly, which is slow). If you're short on budget, get the N660.

x64 OS doesn't help. PCSX2 need raw CPU power. I'm waiting for Intel Haswell in 2013, if this year is not the end time. Laugh Both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge are not impressive in term of performance to me.
Thanks for the help, but i'm still confused to whether a tri or quad core clocked at a lower speed will outperform a dual-core clocked at a higher speed. dual 3.0ghz vs. tri 2.2ghz vs. quad 1.8ghz. Which is the best for performance ? And saying 64bit won't help, does that mean I will lose any performance I already have on 32bit ?
if the clock speed difference is quite big ( more than 3GHz on the dual 2 GHz on the tri/quad ) the Dual is better or when MTVU work it's best equal

so check the price then decide ....

but if the clock speed difference is less than a GHz then go for the quad/tri
I think I've found something that might be a shot, its PHENOM II QUAD CORE 1.8GHZ MOBILE CPU P960. I've looked at Passmarks cpu benchmarks on both my turion II 2.5ghz dual-core, and the Phenom II quad core 1.8ghz. The results are almost doubled between the two. Turion scores a 1,551 / Phenom scores a 2,186 Which seems like a good improvement.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.p...+Quad-Core

And for the price I am going by whats available through Ebay.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this since I don't want to lose performance or do work for not much gain in performance. I think i've looked correctly at the information and done a good deal of research from what I have to work with since I have an AMD board and cannot op out for Intel based CPU's.