PCSX2-CE for Mac (Wineskin) Oct 2015 Guide
It's pre-patched. Now i'm tying to get the original iso but that is harder then i thought. I'll let you know when i come across more errors! Thanks for all the help Smile

Sponsored links

(09-13-2016, 02:45 PM)Moemika Wrote: It's pre-patched. Now i'm tying to get the original iso but that is harder then i thought. I'll let you know when i come across more errors! Thanks for all the help Smile

"pre-patched" ?
You have been scammed, then.
Square Enix never released a patched version of the game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It's a fan made patch. But i fixed that all. The iso is fine. The emulator works fine. I only got 1 more question, i don't know if you guys can help me but can i run emuhaste next to it?
Hey guys! So thanks so much in advance for all your help!

So I just downloaded it, for some reason my device won't run the vcrun so I did what the tutorial said and downloaded the old version that does not use vcrun but when I try to boot a game I get the error message in the attachment and it crashes. Below are my log files when I do a test run: I read this thread and it seems others had this problem fixed when they downloaded the d3xd9_36 but I already have it downloaded!

fixme:systemWackoetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:dwmapiLaughwmEnableMMCSS (1) stub
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread Cannot get kerneltime or usertime of other threads
fixme:xinput:XInputEnable (1) Stub!
fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init unknown flags ignored: 102
fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init unknown flags ignored: 2
err:winediag:query_gpu_description Invalid GPU override 8086:0a2e specified, ignoring.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xad2e63c,0x00000000), stub!
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xad2e5cc,0x00000000), stub!
err:d3dcompiler:compile_shader HLSL shader parsing failed.
fixme:avrt:AvSetMmThreadCharacteristicsW (L"Audio",0xc20f618): stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x9c24054) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x3f504c) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x3e404c) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x3d401c) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x9538b44) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x3c5024) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x100bc6ac) stub

Engine Used: WS9Wine1.9.15
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
      Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1
      Processor Name: Intel Core i5
      Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
      Number of Processors: 1
      Total Number of Cores: 2
      L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
      L3 Cache: 3 MB
      Memory: 8 GB
      Boot ROM Version: MBP111.0138.B17
      SMC Version (system): 2.16f68

Graphics/Displays:

Intel Iris:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris
      Type: GPU
      Bus: Built-In
      VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
      Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
      Device ID: 0x0a2e
      Revision ID: 0x0009
      Displays:
        Color LCD:
          Display Type: Retina LCD
          Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
          Retina: Yes
          Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
          Main Display: Yes
          Mirror: Off
          Online: Yes
          Built-In: Yes

PCSX2 1.3.1-20151108204641 - compiled on Nov  8 2015
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM     =  8192 MB
CPU name         =  Intel® Core™ i5-4278U CPU @ 2.60GHz
Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 01)
CPU speed        =  2.599 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 7ffafbbf
x86EFlags        =  2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding   GS: C:\Program Files\pcsx2\plugins\GSdx32-AVX2.dll 
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
Binding  PAD: C:\Program Files\pcsx2\plugins\xpad.dll 
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files\pcsx2\plugins\SPU2-X.dll 
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files\pcsx2\plugins\CDVDnull.dll 
Binding  USB: C:\Program Files\pcsx2\plugins\USBnull.dll 
Binding   FW: C:\Program Files\pcsx2\plugins\FWnull.dll 
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files\pcsx2\plugins\DEV9null.dll 
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9692 games on record (loaded in 252ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2

Current Renderer: Direct3D9(Hardware mode) 
Intel® 945G (6.14.10.4926)
:68:14: error: syntax error, unexpected NEW_IDENTIFIER

* SPU2-X: Enumerating PortAudio devices:
 *** Device 0: 'Primary Sound Driver' (Windows DirectSound)
 *** Device 1: 'Built-in Output' (Windows DirectSound)
 *** Device 2: 'Built-in Output' (Windows WASAPI)
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: Z:\Users\User\Documents\Digital Editions\pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565\Final Fantasy X (USA).iso
Image type  = DVD
 * CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
 * * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2201280 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are you using wine 1.9.15?  If so, that's likely the problem.
Using OS Sierra and no go on any of this.  Tried the suggested Wineskin versions and PCSX2 and even tried various combos of latest in case of Wineskin issues.  ZeroGS visual on newer PCSX2 works but has rendering issues (known) and perf issues.  No go to get GSDX running which worked on older OS X versions.   On prior OS X versions I did have an older Wineskin and an older PCSX2 running fine with GSDX

Any attempt to run GSDX with Wineskin under OS Sierra causes GSDX surface creation to fail (tried every combo of processor optimize setting, tried every combo of DX soft/hard, etc.  Null will work but Null DX 9 won't.  Rest of system seems ok (audio runs, controllers, emulated disc, etc).  Seems that DX9_36 with current or older Wineskin on OS Sierra is problematic.

Workaround for me is: OS Sierra with VMware Fusion 8.50, Windows XP OS with SP3

Install latest Windows Version from PCSX2 Downloads, replace the SPU2-X with the XP version in plugins download under Windows, install MSVC 2013 redist (needed to run prior XP version of SPU2-X).  This is working fine

Working great with Fusion Unity as well: Image of running on OS Sierra

Steps: 

1. Install Fusion and have a Windows XP SP3 VM (or use Win 7 or Win 10, whatever - I'm using a stripped down XP install 32-bit)

2. Install PCSX2 Windows latest via Installer    NOTE: If using XP Replace the SPU2 plugin with the SPU2-X_WinXP-VS2013.zip (on the Windows Plug in downloads area) - this fixes the missing SPU/Audio plug in - rename it the same and restart if you already started PCSX2.   

3. Point to your system ROM, etc other setup - Ignore game controller/Liliypad settings for now

4. I installed VC Redist for 2013 and .Net 4.0 as some of the plug ins/drivers may require

5. For Native PS3 Dualshock/wired without a dongle on Mac with Fusion had to install this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller
-> Breakdown for this
a. FIRST install this MS XBOX 360 driver as this makes the PS3 use xinput so this is needed for this to (sub for a 64 bit driver if needed - search Google)   work: http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/f...ion/11301/
b. Copy the \BIN folder from the latest download to a new folder in program files named SCP,  Run SCPdriver.exe, this installs the Windows Service - essential to have this in a permanent location before running .exe as it will bind the windows service location.
c. Take the update on the Thread-XInput forum post in step 5 and apply it; follow their steps to stop the windows service and close the taskbar tray item/monitor, copy the updated files to the /BIN folder you made in prior step, restart the service
d. Your PS3 Dualshock should show up in Windows gaming control panel as an Xbox controller, test it

6. Go into PCSX2, Go to controller/Lilypad settings to xInput, you should then on Pad1 see the controller mapping you can test it

7. I left sound and Graphics at defaults and it works fine.

Works great - even set Unity in Fusion and set it once in Fusion to be in Native MacOS Apps Menu (right click on it once running in Unity on the Mac Dock and set it to be in the Mac Apps folder)
Ok so I did all the steps and I still have a problem with gs, which I suspect is one of the bigger headaches for a PCSX2 Mac port. 

Here's what I've done, just to verify:
1. Download PCSX2 1.50 512 via the link in the first post
2. Download wineskin engine 1.9.11
3. Download PS2 BIOS via some probably illegal website or something
4. Create wrapper, which I have titled PCSX2
5. Install software>move a folder inside>pcsx2 folder
6. advanced>tools>Winetricks> install:
 a) d3dx9_36.dll no problems there
 b) vcrun2015, doesn't work so
 c) msxml3, no problems there
 d) vcrun2015 (take two), works smoothly

So with all that installed, I then open the .app and:
7. change SPU2-X to portaudio
8. Change CDVD, USB, FW, and Dev9 to null
9. direct CDVD to the iso I want to load, and click Boot CDVD

now it goes pear shaped

it doesn't matter whether I do a full or fast boot, it will give me a black screen and instantly crash out of the wine wrapper. So after this happened, I went into the plugins/bios selector and noticed this popping up in the console:

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-512-g7f3f6e9-windows-x86\plugins\GSdx32-AVX2.dll' (error 1: invalid function.)

which to me seems a bit funny because when i open PCSX2 the console says "Loading Plugins...Plugins Loaded Successfully"

So now I'm thinking, "huh". So for kicks and giggles i change the GS from the default (GSdx32-AVX2.dll) to GSNull

I try the game again. This time it works fine. Except obviously, there are no graphics because I just set the graphics to null. I can hear audio, both the standard PS2 boot sounds, and the game's intro music (via fastboot). So this tells me that the problem isn't with the .iso files i have. It isn't with the bios. it's with the GS plugin.

So what do I do? As far as I can tell I've done everything correctly, and I think I've figured out what the problem is, I just have no idea how to correct it.

edit: Here's my macbook specs: 2.5 intel i5, 8gb 1600mhz ddr3, intel hd 4000 1536mb, running osx 10.11.6
(10-20-2016, 06:57 PM)Viktor Vaughn Wrote: So what do I do? As far as I can tell I've done everything correctly, and I think I've figured out what the problem is, I just have no idea how to correct it.
Something is broken in Wineskin on OS X /MacOS with the graphics emulation stack - I've given up with Wineskin/WINE, running perfectly in VMware Fusion on MacOS Sierra with a Windows XP SP3 VM - full graphics support and good performance, see my prior post
I don't have Sierra but I might as well try running a virtual machine. Thanks for the help Wink
i feel like an idiot with windows stuff lol. just so out of practice that my instincts are all for osx. combine that with having to operate windows via a virtual machine and it's another barrier for me lol

anyway, i got it up and working perfectly. it runs a bit slow but i am on a macbook with a crap graphics card, and i am trying to play star ocean till the end of time Tongue2 so I might just have to deal with it

thanks again for the help!