PCSX2-CE for Mac (Wineskin) Oct 2015 Guide
This is the wineskin log. We need the log from pcsx2.

Sponsored links

(10-28-2015, 01:30 PM)4bconn Wrote: I Follwed all the steps and everything works fine except that the spu2 isnt recognized by pcsx2. I downloaded multiple versions of that plugin to no avail. I also tried moving the spu2 into a seperate folder to see if it would be recognized by itself but it did not work. Literally everything works up until this point except the spu2 plugin. (obviously i havent been able to load a game without the plugins)
If that's the case it's probably the PCSX2 build. Can you confirm the build number you are using so I can test it? 
The problem with using the latest cutting edge version is that sometimes new commits will break something. I'd suggest trying an older build, maybe 50 or so builds prior to the one you are using. Give it a try.
Ok, there is a new update to Wineskin which will render some of these steps as unnecessary. (Wrapper 2.6.2 fixes Winetricks updating)

I'm going to re-do the instructions, but I'm just waiting for the next engine update which supports XAudio. That will remove another step, changing to portaudio. (Engine 1.7.53)

Hopefully with these simplifications more people can get it working
NEWS: 

If you have been following the guide, I recommend downloading the latest build from the developer's website. 

Please note that the last build to work properly is v.1.3.1-1415. 

This build is the culprit:

v1.3.1-1416-gb6f78d8
Jonathan Li
2015-11-08 21:42:09

From what I can see it forces Wineskin to use Vcrun2015. While you can download this in Winetricks, Vcrun2015 is not fully implemented in Wine yet, so it leads to a crash.  

So for now we'll have to stick with 1415.
Stickin' it.

Thanks for your hard work MacUser!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I have done everything instructed but whenever I try to open the pcsx2-ce app it just doesn't open. Anyone know why?
Does wine not start or does pcsx2 not start?
If pcsx2 could it be that you have some arabic localized system? If yes delete the ar-SA folder from the \Langs\-Folder.
(11-12-2015, 12:35 AM)TelecastrBlastr Wrote: I have done everything instructed but whenever I try to open the pcsx2-ce app it just doesn't open. Anyone know why?

Yes. The new builds of PCSX2 don't work. 

I updated the guide.  Please read through again.
I had a similar problem to users here, where if I tried to run a game the black screen would show up and pcsx2 would quit, and the log ended at:
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2

What fixed it for me was when I went into Wineskin.app included in pcsx2-ce, selected Set Screen Options, and ticked Use Mac Driver instead of X11. Then it worked fine. I hope this helps someone.
Hey Smile having a few issues.
1. can't run ISO directly. have to run with no disc then 'insert disc' (add iso while running without a disc) then will load game. is there a way around this?
2. the whole point of me getting this emulator was to play ratchet and clank but it runs at 10% speed :'( is there any way around this without frying my mac? it runs larger things like Guild Wars no problem but for some reason it won't play this game properly.
Mac info:
OS X El Capitan
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, early 2013)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB