PCSX2-CE for Mac (Wineskin) Oct 2015 Guide
(01-06-2016, 12:46 AM)rakka-chan Wrote: Under configuration, go to Audio (SPU2) Plugin settings. There should be a pull down menu "Module" under the output settings which you can change to Portaudio. Good luck.

Oh jeez. I didn't noticed that. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Hi, I just wanted to say that using the instructions worked for me! I wanted to catch up on games I missed out on or never finished during the PS2 era like ICO, Shadow of the Colossus and Indigo Prophecy which I was really enjoying until I realized my old little macbook (nvidia 320m) sucks at running pcsx2. Just a lot of slowdown at times. It's kind of messed up that you have to emulate on two levels. I guess there shouldn't be too much overhead in emulating windows since all macs are Intel. Unrelated to performance, Indigo Prophecy works but has many graphical glitches with textures. Not sure what can be done about it. Maybe that is a hardware issue as well? Also the jaggies are pretty bad. I thought there was a way to make the games look a lot better. I only see anti aliasing in the software options in the graphics plugin settings. Otherwise, unbelievably, it works. Waiting to get a new machine before I get too into it. Thanks a lot. Cheers.
(01-12-2016, 07:05 AM)negativeions Wrote: Hi, I just wanted to say that using the instructions worked for me! I wanted to catch up on games I missed out on or never finished during the PS2 era like ICO, Shadow of the Colossus and Indigo Prophecy which I was really enjoying until I realized my old little macbook (nvidia 320m) sucks at running pcsx2. Just a lot of slowdown at times. It's kind of messed up that you have to emulate on two levels. I guess there shouldn't be too much overhead in emulating windows since all macs are Intel. Unrelated to performance, Indigo Prophecy works but has many graphical glitches with textures. Not sure what can be done about it. Maybe that is a hardware issue as well? Also the jaggies are pretty bad. I thought there was a way to make the games look a lot better. I only see anti aliasing in the software options in the graphics plugin settings. Otherwise, unbelievably, it works. Waiting to get a new machine before I get too into it. Thanks a lot. Cheers.

Hi Negativeions,

Glad to hear you got it up and running. 

For Shadow of the Colossus, I'm afraid you won't have much of a chance getting it running at an acceptable framerate. (Even the PS2 struggled with it). 

For Indigo Prophecy, I'd recommend getting the remastered version. It was released on Mac a few months ago: Indigo Prophecy

You can get rid of the jaggies by changing to the Direct 3D9 Hardware renderer and increasing the internal resolution. Try x2 to start. I didn't put it in the guide because I wanted to make it as simple as possible. Note there will be more graphical glitches with the hardware renderer.
It is best to play Shadow of the Colossus and Ico in one disc on PS3. I do and it was great game. Smile
How does this work with gamepads? I have my PS2 controller plugged in via a USB adapter. It always worked when I played PCSX2 through Bootcamp, but right now it's not recognizing the controller in the Device Diagnostics, so I can't configure the keys. Do I have to use a third-party app like Gamepad Companion, or is there a way to recognize/configure the controller through with this wine-o pcsx2?
(01-17-2016, 05:27 PM)mikonium Wrote: How does this work with gamepads? I have my PS2 controller plugged in via a USB adapter. It always worked when I played PCSX2 through Bootcamp, but right now it's not recognizing the controller in the Device Diagnostics, so I can't configure the keys. Do I have to use a third-party app like Gamepad Companion, or is there a way to recognize/configure the controller through with this wine-o pcsx2?

It will work with controllers that work on OS X. I don't know about your PS2 controller, but PS3 controllers have a driver built in to OS X.

The controller has to be connected before running PCSX2 and config is done under the lilypad plugin settings.
(01-17-2016, 05:27 PM)mikonium Wrote: How does this work with gamepads? I have my PS2 controller plugged in via a USB adapter. It always worked when I played PCSX2 through Bootcamp, but right now it's not recognizing the controller in the Device Diagnostics, so I can't configure the keys. Do I have to use a third-party app like Gamepad Companion, or is there a way to recognize/configure the controller through with this wine-o pcsx2?

That's exactly what I use. Atcually I think it's a DS1 controller! Try USB overdrive. It's a generic usb driver for OSX for devices that don't have an OSX driver. It works with almost anything.
Hello,
I followed the installation procedure to the letter, but I encounter the same error attached.
Can you help me ?
[Edit On]
For help, I join too the log generated with "Test Run" from Wineskin in the PCSX2_CE…
[Edit Off]
Bests, Marc ou Net

MacBook Pro 15" mid-2010 // El Capitan 10.11.3

Attached Files
.zip   Logs_and_bugs.zip (Size: 8,07 KB / Downloads: 123)
Hey guys, so I followed the instructions to a point. Everything seems to have worked and been configured. The only thing is, when I select a ROM/ISO and press to BOOT; it just crashes/shuts down??

Seems after selecting various other plugins, I'm getting GS failed to open "insufficient" resources, when I select D3D; it just crashes without throwing an error. :/

Here is the log, seems to crash on opening Dev9:

Loading language translation databases for 'English (Canada)' [en_CA]
pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.
PCSX2 1.5.0-20160215200517 - compiled on Feb 15 2016
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 16384 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-4850HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 01)
CPU speed = 2.294 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7ffafbff
x86EFlags = 2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. AVX2.. FMA

Loading language translation databases for 'English (Canada)' [en_CA]
pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.
Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-342-gaff7513-windows-x86\plugins\GSdx32-AVX.dll
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-342-gaff7513-windows-x86\plugins\LilyPad.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-342-gaff7513-windows-x86\plugins\SPU2-X.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-342-gaff7513-windows-x86\plugins\CDVDnull.dll
(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 227ms)
Binding USB: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-342-gaff7513-windows-x86\plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-342-gaff7513-windows-x86\plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-342-gaff7513-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: Z:\Users\user\Documents\ROMS\PS2 ROMS\Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).iso
Image type = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1088928 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
I've been experimenting again with this, and I found that vcrun2015 is not installing properly for me. 

Can anyone else confirm that it is throwing up an "installation aborted" error message?

For those that are having problems at the moment, please confirm if vcrun2015 has installed correctly.