PCSX2 Crash
its not the version you upgrade but the files directX uses. and you should upgrade your files to be able to play with the emulator and also ALL pc games [newer games install newer one and older an older version except if you have a newer ofc] (you know pc games install the directX they need also)

so just upgrade... it does nothing bad... just good
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest

Sponsored links

I would love to update the directx files myself, but I can't. It is a public computer and I don't have the administrative account. So in my case updating would be impossible. I am also blocked from the System32 folders so I can't manually install the files either.
sad to hear that.... you will have to use an older version of pcsx2 like nosisab said

probably 1888 beta will be ok.... if not you have to go for 0.9.6 (or start compiling or finding yourself the newest version that will work for you, you cant ask for support for those here though... there is a thread you can ask staff about compiling it)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
PCSX2 is meant for users with admin access or can ask for admin assistance, people that actually owns the console and official games, everything else shouldn't even be mentioned here.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-21-2010, 07:27 AM)Mysteryman2000 Wrote: I would love to update the directx files myself, but I can't. It is a public computer and I don't have the administrative account. So in my case updating would be impossible.

Ask the administrator to update directx?

It's not like PCSX2 is the only app that needs to update it, there are lots of appz that update it when they're installed too.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Guys, I tried PCSX2 0.9.7.3648 and changed it to the gigaherz one, set it to E drive and also plugin and it just crashed again! grey screen and a windows message, same as before O_O!

Then when I used PCSX2 0.9.7 r3113 I got this message:

[Image: PCSX23rdError.png]
install pcsx2 in an differnet directory, like c:\pcsx2 or d:\pcsx2 or something like that.

that error is because the program files directory is kind of protected against unwanted/unallowed changes.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
Quote:PS2 Bios 30004R v6 Pal

Known pirated bios.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64