PCSX2 Crashes, Deadlocks PC on Startup
I installed PCSX2, following the text guide from the site. I set everything to the defaults pretty much, configured it to use my GPU, updated directx, .net, visual c++, and my GPU drivers. I am attempting to play Persona 3 FES off of the original game disk. However, the first time I tried it launched to a black window and then deadlocked my pc. I re-checked some settings, tried again, and it deadlocked my pc without even opening a window. After that, I tried to check all the settings one more time, but the program crashed as soon as I launched it, and, you guessed it, deadlocked my pc. Following that, my pc began locking up at startup until I uninstalled the emulator in safe mode, which immediately stopped all issues. Understandably I am incredibly confused and kind of annoyed. Does anyone have any idea what could be responsible for this level of utter buggery?

PC SPECS:
GTX 980
Intel 7700k
Windows 7 64-bit
16GB RAM

Sponsored links

You're not the only one confused, the emulator doesn't run anything when the emulator isn't running and it does nothing that should deadlock your PC, so I'm not sure what's going on there!

You did download it from our website right? Not from some dodgy website or torrent?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Are you running your games directly from an iso ?
Are you sure you have directx updated?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=8109

This thread might help you out.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-BLA...-GAME-LOAD
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(04-14-2017, 11:13 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Are you running your games directly from an iso ?
Are you sure you have directx updated?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=8109

This thread might help you out.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-BLA...-GAME-LOAD

None of that is relevant though. OP said his PC is freezing while booting Windows, and it only stopped after uninstalling PCSX2.

As ref said, PCSX2 is not supposed to do ANYTHING while Windows is booting. So it doesn't make sense at all. Unless he installed some funky version from somewhere as mentioned, that may be sideloading some weird software causing the freezes.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Guess I misunderstood him when he said black window , I thought he meant pcsx2 black window , nvm then xD
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(04-14-2017, 10:54 PM)refraction Wrote: You're not the only one confused, the emulator doesn't run anything when the emulator isn't running and it does nothing that should deadlock your PC, so I'm not sure what's going on there!

You did download it from our website right? Not from some dodgy website or torrent?

Sorry for the delay; yes, I did download it from your website, and it's possible that the issue was being caused by something lingering after that first run. It may not have been related to the program at all the third time, although the first few times it was definitely a lockup caused by trying to run the program. I don't really know where to go from here to be honest.

Lighting, you did understand me correctly. The first time I ran it, I did get a black window from the pcsx2 program before it froze. The second time I ran it thought I didn't even get a window. I am running the games from the original game's disk, not sure if that's an iso or not.
(04-22-2017, 02:44 AM)troubled Wrote: Sorry for the delay; yes, I did download it from your website, and it's possible that the issue was being caused by something lingering after that first run. It may not have been related to the program at all the third time, although the first few times it was definitely a lockup caused by trying to run the program. I don't really know where to go from here to be honest.

Lighting, you did understand me correctly. The first time I ran it, I did get a black window from the pcsx2 program before it froze. The second time I ran it thought I didn't even get a window. I am running the games from the original game's disk, not sure if that's an iso or not.

I had a similar issue with your issue. Did you see your GS/Video configuration? Did you make sure that your adapter is set on you GPU and not on default hardware device? Sometimes when setting that, it uses my intergraded GPU.
YouTube Gaming Channel: Gaming Channel
Emulator Test Channel: Emulator Channel