PCSX2 Crashes after the PS2 splash screen
Hi guys,

I'm having problems when I try to run pretty much any game in PCSX2, I'll try to explain what I do to get it running, step by step, in case I'm doing something wrong...

1. Load up PCSX2 (of course)
2. Load up Daemon Tools, and mount a game in .ISO format
3. Back to PCSX2, then File -> Run CD/DVD

It then loads up a splash screen (the regular PS2 one) and then crashes, with the regular Windows error - 'pcsx2 0.9.6 has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience."

For what it's worth, my system specs are Core 2 Duo @ 3Ghz, 4GB RAM and an x1950 Pro graphics card.

Any help would be very much appreciated, would love to run a few games upscaled in HD Laugh

Thank you!

Sponsored links

Probably you didn't select the correct CDVD plugin(or maybe you didn't configure anything at all).If you're going to use Daemon Tools then you must select for CDVD plugin for example Gigaherz's CDVD.You can use the game image without the need to mount it by using Linuzapps ISO(the image mustn't be used by any program when you use Linuzappz ISO)
Unmount the iso, and then use Linuz Iso CDVD plugin to run the game.
Ahh! Thank you so much guys, I knew I was doing something silly Smile

For what it's worth, I did try and use Gigaherz, but I didn't realise I could load it so easily using Linuz!

Working perfectly now, in fact, it's FAR better than I expected, brilliant stuff!