PCSX2 Crossover from windows version errors
So I recently got PCSX2 windows version to work on my mac through Crossover games. Problem is: when I try to play an iso it gives me the following:

Failed to init XAudio2 engine. XA2 may not be available on your system. Ensure that you have the latest DirectX runtimes installed, or use DirectX/WaveOut drivers instead. Error Details: (code 0x80040154) (attached pics).

I have already downloaded all the necessary plugins with lilypad and binaries, but cannot see how to get DirectX (I know DirectX is for Windows only, but remember this is a simulation through crossover games). Should I simulate DirectX through crosovergames? Is that possible, since I couldn't find it and I don't think it's possible to download.

What should I do to fix it? Thank you!

The second picture, is the next window after I click OK in the above mentioned error popup, says the following:

GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers. Press OK to go to the plugin configuration panel.

Also, third picture is of my plugin folder.

Thank you! ^-^

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Go into your SPU2-X plugin settings and change the output driver form XA2 to DirectSound. Chances are Crossover does not support XAudio2. DirectSound should at least detect.

I still doubt Crossover will give you much of a rewarding gaming experience, but that should at least get you to the point where the GS window opens and you see/hear stuff. If it actually works well, let us know. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(12-31-2010, 11:29 PM)Air Wrote: Go into your SPU2-X plugin settings and change the output driver form XA2 to DirectSound. Chances are Crossover does not support XAudio2. DirectSound should at least detect.

I still doubt Crossover will give you much of a rewarding gaming experience, but that should at least get you to the point where the GS window opens and you see/hear stuff. If it actually works well, let us know. Smile

Thank you for the prompt reply!
I made the change but then I got the the second message that i already posted:

CG plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.

Which means that through crossover it doesn't really work (??). T.T
Although, there seems to be different drivers on the options under the plugin configuration. Did I chose the wrong drivers even if there is only one option in each of the three sections with drivers?

Also, I download the pcsx2 mac version and I followed the "how to run?" thread, but there is no bin file (when you have to change the x11), it's just the pcsx2(.app). What should I do then?

Thank you!

It's not rare to find such errors with a virtual machine, best bet to run your windows programs with a MAC would be Bootcamp and have windows as a dual boot.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-01-2011, 12:42 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's not rare to find such errors with a virtual machine, best bet to run your windows programs with a MAC would be Bootcamp and have windows as a dual boot.

Thank you for the reply Smile

I tried to get bootcamp, but in the meantime I was able to make the pcsx2 mac version work on my mac. The only problem now is that when I try to start it up (run) or play an iso game I get a white screen...
Thank you for the reply :d