PCSX2 Doesn't Load Saves After Hard Reboot from Downclock Crash
Question 
Here's the setup - Play PCSX2 without problems on an overclocked processor. Stop playing, shutdown PCSX2, and downclock to normal levels. Windows freezes. You hold the power button for 5 seconds for a hard shutdown. Upon reboot, PCSX2 says it can't find the plugins, even though they're right where they should be... You redirect it to the plugins folder without problem. Try loading a game and jumping to a save state, without success. The following error comes up:

Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: C:\Users\*computername*\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SCUS-97472 (C19A374E).00.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate file does not contain 'PCSX2 Savestate Version.id'(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

edit- the saves are also right where they should be. I can make a new save and load it fine. The game plays fine, it just won't load any of my old saves.

edit2- PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350 - compiled on Aug 1 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a080000

Have I lost all my saves? What should I do?

Sponsored links

Did u try to play game with iso....
(06-06-2013, 08:32 AM)Yash the gamer Wrote: Did u try to play game with iso....

The game file is a .mdf and runs nicely. It never game me problems in the past.
Reinstall the pcsx2 and use stable realise or the latest svn..
This is one of the reasons you shouldn't rely solely on save states to keep you progress...always save to the memory card when you can.

Here's one stupid suggestion.
Open some working save state(maded with the same pcsx2 version)with whatever you have that can deal with zip archives,extract the PCSX2 Savestate Version.id file and add it to your damages save state.
Then try the game
(06-06-2013, 08:40 AM)vsub Wrote: This is one of the reasons you shouldn't rely solely on save states to keep you progress...always save to the memory card when you can.

Here's one stupid suggestion.
Open some working save state(maded with the same pcsx2 version)with whatever you have that can deal with zip archives,extract the PCSX2 Savestate Version.id file and add it to your damages save state.
Then try the game

DUDE! You just saved my butt! I've been saving to memory card consistently, I just never realized that PCSX2 had that filed. I'm back up and running now. Not sure what happened with my save states - don't care.

@Yash: I did uninstall and do a fresh reinstall, but my save states are dead. I do have one other game that I used to play, and I don't know if those save states work with it or not.

This wasn't so much a fix for the issue, but a revealing work-around. Thanks guys!