Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCSX2 Folder
Hey All,

I have a Solid State Drive for my OS. Unfortunatly the downside to SSD's is that when you save information to it, then delete it, its wear and tear on the hardrive and eventually slows it down and you need a new one. The PCSX2 Folder containing Bios, Saved States, even the recordings that you do, all save to this folder, which is automatically saved to C Drive, under your main user, in documents. Is there anyway to change the location that all these items are saved too?

Sponsored links

put portable.ini in the pcsx2 folder

Quote:its wear and tear on the hardrive and eventually slows it down and you need a new one.

No, wear leveling minimises the amount of wear on nand cells, but slowdown is not the result, worn nand cells become read only when the cell degenerates far enough, and Cell performance is maintained by TRIM optimisations performed by sata tools and automatically by the most recent sata drivers / firmware
(09-23-2011, 06:04 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: put portable.ini in the pcsx2 folder

No, wear leveling minimises the amount of wear on nand cells, but slowdown is not the result, worn nand cells become read only when the cell degenerates far enough, and Cell performance is maintained by TRIM optimisations performed by sata tools and automatically by the most recent sata drivers / firmware

thank you. Yea, basically not good for SSD.
Is portable.ini something i have to create? I did not see it in my ini folder, or PCSX2 in general. sorry im just learning how PCSX2 works.

edit: sry for double post, weird i pressed quick edit.
open notepad, and save "portable.ini" with the "s so it doesn't save as portable.ini.txt
Use the binary package. I have a habit of using binary package instead of installer. Most of the software in the world today do not fully uninstalled themselves -- they always leave some garbarge somewhere in the computer (usually registry). I'm always use the binary package whenever possible, and when I want to uninstall it, I delete the folder.

IIRC, the binary package of PCSX2 0.9.8 does write something in the registry, but I manage to delete it myself. The latest subversion uses a .ini file instead.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
(09-23-2011, 07:10 AM)Livy Wrote: ...
IIRC, the binary package of PCSX2 0.9.8 does write something in the registry, but I manage to delete it myself. The latest subversion uses a .ini file instead.

The binary package of PCSX2 0.9.8 (= when portable.ini exists) does not touch the registry. Also, the latest svn build (and all previous ones back to 0.98) are identical to 0.98 in this regard.
[i7-3630qm/gt650m-2G/Win-7] [i7-4500u/R.HD8850m/Win-8.1] [2010-MBA/OSX-10.9.x]. Scroll smoothly with SmoothWheel for Firefox.