PCSX2 Help Needed
Okay. I just built this system the other day.
And here are what specs I believe to be required:
Motherboard: Biostar N68S3B
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8 Ghz
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Ram: 8gb

Now here are the problems I'm coming across.
See, I started looking into this program last year, when I was just fishing around for ideas, and its my understanding that sse2 meant dual-core and sse3 meant quad?
Either way. Whenever I try to run ANY game with either of those selected under the GSdx Graphics Plugin, it tells me that my system does not support it.
And every once in a while, instead of telling me that. It tells me that the program isn't getting enough memory to support itself.
I am currently running it as an admin, I am also running version 9.8.
I'm just trying to run my Kingdom Hearts Final Mix/Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Plus iso's.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored links

No, SSE2 and SSSE3 have absolutely nothing to do with core usage...for your processor you must use the SSE2 version of GSdx. PCSX2 will automatically use up to 2 cores from your processor, you don't need to change any settings for that.
Make sure you update your DirectX using this: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I tried updating DirectX, as well as setting the GSdx to sse2.
And now, when I load up an iso, it comes back with an error reading "On noes! Out of memory!"

Any suggestions?
load in compatibility mode for XPSP3 i think
(07-31-2011, 03:25 AM)abdo123 Wrote: load in compatibility mode for XPSP3 i think
How do I do that?
I'm new to this Emulator. I only briefly looked at it last year.
I need specifics please.
Are you sure you're using 0.9.8? I haven't seen it give that error before, only much older versions
Yes. I WAS using 9.8, and that's what it told me everytime I tried to run any isos, cds, etc.
But I tried 9.4, and it allows me to run the files.
But one other question, is there any way to make the program use more than 2 cores?
0.9.4 is ancient and we will not give any support for it...the emulator takes advantage of dual cores on its' own (maybe not 0.9.4 it's so old I don't even remember...)
Okay. Well. Could you help me solve my problem with 9.8?
I could take a screenshot if that'll help.
OK could you describe what you do step by step until the error pops up and please a detailed list of which plugins you are using and your GSdx settings