[PCSX2 IPU IDEC] tiled image problem
Hey guys,

I've just managed to follow the guide and get the GSDX graphics plugin to work for my Ar Tonelico 2 game. Unfortunately, I'm getting this weird tiled image problem as seen in the screen shot below.

Has anyone ever encountered this, or know how to fix it?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m286/...sissue.jpg

Sponsored links

Its a known bug, we need just wait when it will be fixed.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
Thanks for the help, but I have the same issue using the KOSMOS plug in as well. So for the time being there's nothing that can be done about it?
Quote:So for the time being there's nothing that can be done about it?

I know, how much you wanna play Ar tonelico 2 with perfect background pictureSmile But unfortunately It`s Pcsx2 issue, change plugins would not help.
Anyway, a game still playable with this bug.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
Yeah, this is an IPU problem. We're on it (the cause is known).
There's a patch that fixes this problem (but according to reports breaks other games).
Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.
What other games does it break?

Beside GUST games, I've only tried the patch with SO3, and no problem there (yet)...
This patch is break mana khemia starting FMW. And it's too large and overcomplicated. The correct one is to put

return 0;

at IPU/IPU.cpp, line 425, after following line:
s_routine = so_create(mpeg2sliceIDEC, &s_RoutineDone, s_tempstack, sizeof(s_tempstack));
I would simply wait if I were you. Can't promise anything, nor for certain I'm going to give you dates (which I don't know), but there is work being done on the issue...
(02-11-2009, 04:50 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: This patch is break mana khemia starting FMW.

I tested Mana Khemia when I first compiled and patched the SVN, and I didn't have this problem. I'm using r458. Just now I once again watched the full intro, started a new game, and I'm currently watching Zeppel talking to Vayne during the entrance ceremony.

I don't know what is causing your problem and I don't want to take this thread off course, but it doesn't appear to be the patch. Ar Tonelico 2 works great too.

Also while I'm here, thank you rama and Krakatos for saying that this issue is being looked into. Judging by several previous "We're looking into it" situations(Soul Nomad, memcards, etc.) I can't help but get my hopes up because I know you guys do great work. Of course I am in no way expecting anything, but it's still very reassuring to know. Smile