PCSX2 Instacrash on Game Error
Hey all -

Before I ask my question just wanted to say so excited for stumbling upon this emulator and this forum. Cool there's a community for this type of thing. Was really into mecha when I was younger and am excited to be able to play A.C.E 3. 

Anyway as I've gotten older I've distanced myself from virtual life and with this comes rust...

It's taken me some time to get my emulator setup and finally I've gotten everything in order.

If anyone would think me posting screen shots would be helpful then let me know and I can do so...

Here's my question:

Everytime I boot up the game (A.C.E 3) I get to the opening credits and I get to the start screen and press start after I see the next screen for about a second until it either becomes distorted or it totally blacks out. PCSX2 doesn't crash tho. What can I do to fix this and get to gaming? 

- It's not the segmentation error.
- The game file was transferred to ISO

Thank you all in advance...

- Tizzale

Sponsored links

Please post the full emulog after you observed the problem.

Possibly your pcsx2 version is not compatible with this game. Do you use the native port (pcsx2 0.9.7) or the wine version?
(04-20-2016, 05:01 PM)willkuer Wrote: Please post the full emulog after you observed the problem.

Possibly your pcsx2 version is not compatible with this game. Do you use the native port (pcsx2 0.9.7) or the wine version?

I am using version 0.9.6. 

Here is the log I just noticed there's an error attached. Maybe this can you give you some clues.

# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios Complete
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLPS_257.84;1
Loading from a CD rom or CD image
loadElfFile: 2744880
addr 155c8 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLPS_257.84;1"
addr 15d30 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLPS_257.84;1"
addr 21798 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLPS_257.84;1"
addr 90700 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLPS_257.84;1"
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLPS_257.84;1; CRC = B1B6E33D
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
pcsx2(3928,0xb0093000) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=1146880) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
You could try 0.9.1 or even 0.8.1,it will work even "better"
We are currently at 1.4.0 and you are using ancient pcsx2 version...and gpu plugin(ZZogl)

Edit: Sorry I didn't saw that this is the mac forum but it's still probably the case...0.9.6 is really old and not nearly compatible as the latets windows version
(04-20-2016, 05:30 PM)vsub Wrote: You could try 0.9.1 or even 0.8.1,it will work even "better"
We are currently at 1.4.0 and you are using ancient pcsx2 version...and gpu plugin(ZZogl)

Ah no worries.
I would then suggest to use the wine version. 0.9.6 is really old and has thus a much lower compatibility. I don't know that error. Other solutions are 0.9.7 (alpha) or a dualboot into linux or windows if you can do it.