Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCSX2 Kickstarter Project?
Anyyy idea on the legal status of that? Probably not, but I think it'd be a cool way to make the devs some monies.

I mean, I'm disgusted seeing companies on that website pulling in 100,000$, even though they have publishers. Or Flash games that take two weeks to make and no real amount of money to do so; but raise 20,000-30,000$, without even having to finish making it yet.

It's 100,000$ in free money that they are under no legal obligation to spend on the game. They could take a trip to Vegas and blow it all and you get nothing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/
Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ, 8GB RAM 1866MHZ, 1080 GTX Strix, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD +  2 1TB HDDs.) Windows 7 64-bit Professional

Sponsored links

Isn't that for startups though? Tongue2
only legitimate startup business/companies are entitled to that,
I've seen plenty of random people use it.

Like mods for games, or people interested in a concept for a book or so, or just designing a program such as like Photoshop.

Anyone can use Kickstarter.
Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ, 8GB RAM 1866MHZ, 1080 GTX Strix, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD +  2 1TB HDDs.) Windows 7 64-bit Professional
i said entitled..... some people lie their way into anything.
Altho im never one to look a gifthorse in the mouth, i dont think i could willingly take thousands of pounds worth of peoples money with the knowledge im not actually going to use it for the emulator, would be immoral.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
And looking at it, what would we even do with all these funds.
Sure, we could buy everyone dev stations and a personal test writer and ...

oh wait, now I want that Tongue2
(04-20-2012, 10:20 AM)rama Wrote: and ...
and us lowbies who work on the other side (tweaking compiled program) a new pc Wink
What exactly would the finished product that is going to be sold? If you want to become the Redhat of emu's and sell support contracts have fun with that.
DaMan, there is no finished product to be sold.

Kickstarter doesn't work that way.

You can complete the project or not, you keep the funding. YOu could use it, as said above, for dev stations, computers to test on, and programs, ect. Tongue

It'd just be another way for you guys to get paid, indirectly, for all your work, since you can't directly get paid.

Set the limit low, like 750$ to 1000$ to buy one of those Dev kits. That'd help you make the emulator work better, no? So it's a valid idea.