PCSX2 LAN connecting issue (Twisted Metal Black)
Hi.

Okay, so I am having issues with getting my two PXSX2 clients seeing each other on the local network. Specifically, I am trying to get Twisted Metal Black to work on LAN between two PCs. The PCs have no issues seeing each other in Windows (7) and sharing files, ect.

Here's how far I've come, so far:

I've made a network config using my Network Access Disc with hard coded IPs from my PCs LAN addresses. Like so:

192.168.1.19 (192.168.1.20 for PC-two)

As for network adapter plugins I am trying with both:

DEV9giga_razi.dll and GigaHeRz's DEV9 Driver 0.3.0.dll (Set to Ethernet with adapters selected)

Okay, so I can load the game and start a LAN game on both of the PCs. Check. However, they just cannot see each others on the LAN list in-game.

The only thing I haven't done is entering my disc IDs on the ISOs, because I am not trying to get online, only through local play, and Windip gives of an an error, anyhow. But I shouldn't even need them, right, for LAN?

Anybody, got it working, somehow?

Other info:

I am using PCSX2 0.9.94962(svn). It's the newest version of PCSX2 that can load the network plugins without crashing, that's why.

EDIT: I solved it myself. I had to select ('bridge' and not 'switch' for network adapters) Smile

Sponsored links

(01-12-2013, 02:09 AM)Proxihat Wrote: EDIT: I solved it myself. I had to select ('bridge' and not 'switch' for network adapters) Smile

Correct, bridge mode is needed to play over LAN. We managed to get the LAN mode working over internet via Hamachi as well. Smile
(01-12-2013, 07:01 AM)prafull Wrote: Correct, bridge mode is needed to play over LAN. We managed to get the LAN mode working over internet via Hamachi as well. Smile

I am interrested in how well you have manage to get the game to run over netplay? It seems like that the hosting PC has to be rather a powerhorse.

My two PCs consists of:

PC1:

4.16GHz Core Due2
HD 4890
4GB RAM

and PC2:

3.3GHz Core Due2
4 GB RAM
8800GT

When running the game alone on these PCs the gane runs quite well 60+ FPS, with 'balaced' preset.

However, multiplayer was extreme bad performance-wise. Like 40-60 unstable FPS.

I guess my PCs are just too weak then. Too bad. Laugh