PCSX2 Lag - Direct3D9 (Software)
My Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 435 Triple Core, 2.91 GHz
RAM: 3GB DDR2
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 1GB, DDR2

so to say the problem, when I want to play a game on PCSX2 and I use GSDX 3693, if I play in Direct3D9 (Hardware) it works flawless but it has graphics bugs, and if I'm playing that game in Direct3D9 (Software) it lags badly, why? it's my processor or video card? I use XP and not Vista or 7? how to fix the lag? please help me quickly

Sponsored links

It's your CPU. Software mode is all about your processor.

Can you overclock your CPU? I just OC'd a friend's Athlon II X3 435 processor, and would bet your's is probably quite capable, too. That would be about the best thing to increase your FPS in that scenario. Also, have you set the SW threads to 3 in the GSdx settings?

BTW - What game? And do you realize your GPU is on the weaker side?

Windows Vista/7 gives the added benefit of DirectX10. This could help.
Quote:It's your CPU. Software mode is all about your processor.

Can you overclock your CPU? I just OC'd a friend's Athlon II X3 435 processor, and would bet your's is probably quite capable, too. That would be about the best thing to increase your FPS in that scenario. Also, have you set the SW threads to 3 in the GSdx settings?
I tried to overclock my CPU but I can't, crashes my PC

Quote:BTW - What game?

for example: Burnout 3, Burnout Revenge, Burnout Dominator, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter etc.

Quote:And do you realize your GPU is on the weaker side?

I know that, my video card sucks

Quote:Windows Vista/7 gives the added benefit of DirectX10. This could help.
should I try Windows 7 for playing games on Direct3D9 (Software) or Direct3D10?

Most of the graphics glitches associated with DX9 hardware mode are fixed with DX10/11 hardware mode... unfortunately, as I'm sure you're aware, DX10/11 are not available on Windows XP. You may wish to look into updating to a newer windows if PCSX2 is something you want to get running well.

That said, as mentioned above, that IGP probably will have negative speed impact in the long run... but you may still get better results then with software mode alone.
[Image: 2748844.png]
do you use speedhacks,it can helps you but maybe some game will have bugs
DX10 Is ideal for most of the games, Infact the little theory i'm running around with is, 2d games (Direct 9x) 3D heavy games (DIrect 10x)

And Not everything is about speedhacks John, Some games do require speedhacks but i also think that maximizing them speedhacks just creates a false FPS on the FPS Counter, it tells you its 60, But everything is going in slow motion.
[Image: 2555882.png]
2D games = software d3d10 with no threading.