PCSX2 Lag problems on VAIO laptop (windows 7)
I am using PCSX2 1.0.0 on my laptop, VAIO E Series, Intel Core i5, Windows 7. When I first played the emulator, it worked fine and excellent. There was hardly any lag or slow motion. the fps ran at about 53% - 56% and I used GSdx 5334 SSSE3. But now, I'm having disturbing lag problems and the movements are all in slow motion.

I've tried to fix it by disabling game fixes, changed EE and VU's round mode to nearest and clamping mode to none, enable/disable 8-bit textures and texture filters and changing speedhacks but none of it worked.

Is there any other solution?

If anyone's curious, I'm trying to play Suikoden Series.

Sponsored links

please give your full pc specs
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-27-2013, 09:27 AM)battlesky8 Wrote: I am using PCSX2 1.0.0 on my laptop, VAIO E Series, Intel Core i5, Windows 7. When I first played the emulator, it worked fine and excellent. There was hardly any lag or slow motion. the fps ran at about 53% - 56% and I used GSdx 5334 SSSE3. But now, I'm having disturbing lag problems and the movements are all in slow motion.

I've tried to fix it by disabling game fixes, changed EE and VU's round mode to nearest and clamping mode to none, enable/disable 8-bit textures and texture filters and changing speedhacks but none of it worked.

Is there any other solution?

If anyone's curious, I'm trying to play Suikoden Series.

Is hard to understand that post, how it was fine running at 53% FPS?

Well, whatever, what may have happened is the laptop is using a harsh power save plan (what is the main tendency nowadays and possibly introduced by some Windows update).

So you may want to start making sure the power plan is set to "performance" while playing with the emulator. There is an old known issue with Intel CPUs and Windows power plan when playing with PCSX2 that makes the CPU running bellow it's nominal speed.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Just wanted to comment, i recently setup pcsx2 on my desktop.
I7 920 8gb ram Nvidia 450gts

I run San Andreas on this i get 65+ fps it looks and runs great
An I5 is not much different, i can only think as said you have power saving turned on.

here is a screen shot of San Andreas on my computer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)