PCSX2 Linux Contribution?
I want to work on or just contribute to some of pcsx2's code. Where do I start?
Specifications:

AMD Sempron 3850 @ 1.3GHz
Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Areas-of-...developers
(04-25-2014, 09:25 AM)gregory Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Areas-of-...developers

im going to work on gsdx, also you said that contributions are welcome, and you only have sse2 cpu, ill set my goal to allow sse2,ssse3,sse4.1, and avx. also, how does multithreaded vu1 work? is vu1 on a seperate thread with vu0 on the other and gs on another? i dont get it
Specifications:

Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS
(04-26-2014, 12:16 AM)SimonStreakio Wrote: im going to work on gsdx, also you said that contributions are welcome, and you only have sse2 cpu, ill set my goal to allow sse2,ssse3,sse4.1, and avx. also, how does multithreaded vu1 work? is vu1 on a seperate thread with vu0 on the other and gs on another? i dont get it

also i thought about what if pcsx2 used a 4th thread. ee/core on one thread,gs on another, vu on another, and gif,sif,vif,etc. on the 4th one depending on which one is fastest / most useful. would it speed up pcsx2 on a quad core or hexa/eight core?
Specifications:

Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS
You can start reading the developer blog

tl;dr: you can not easily multithread the ps2 parts. Everything that could be done is probably already done.
Forget about the thread stuff.

On sse/avx topic. To keep simple, I think it would be better to create only 2 builds (drop sse2+).
1/ see2
2/ avx1 (that enable also all see extensions)

It will cover most of the market this way.
(04-26-2014, 10:45 AM)gregory Wrote: Forget about the thread stuff.

On sse/avx topic. To keep simple, I think it would be better to create only 2 builds (drop sse2+).
1/ see2
2/ avx1 (that enable also all see extensions)

It will cover most of the market this way.

sorry im late, im ready to start building pcsx2. is there a specific compiler to install and what dependcies do i use?

edit: nvm, ok i got the dependcies built, waiting for code::blocks to finish so i can do my chores
Specifications:

Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS
Codeblocks? What about cmake?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Normally I remove all codeblock compilation files from the source