PCSX2 Linux Development
There is also this bug to tackle if you want:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=1473

I don't know why but Windows is more thread efficient (aka scale much better). I try to port the Window version to pthread but it is not yet perfect. The idea is to port again but to std::thread this time.
1/ would allow to compare with win code
2/ if it work as good as win, we can drop some Os specific code.

Intel provide a tool that allow you to measure thead efficiency. Hopefully with your 8 core cpu, you will be able to check the scaling properly.

Here all the cmake option. Generally the default is a good start Wink
Code:
head -n 26 cmake/BuildParameters.cmake
### TODO
# Hardcode GAMEINDEX_DIR, if default is fine for everybody

### Select the build type
# Use Release/Devel/Debug      : -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release|Devel|Debug
# Enable/disable the stripping : -DCMAKE_BUILD_STRIP=TRUE|FALSE
# generation .po based on src  : -DCMAKE_BUILD_PO=TRUE|FALSE
# Rebuild the ps2hw.dat file   : -DREBUILD_SHADER=TRUE
# Build the Replay Loaders     : -DBUILD_REPLAY_LOADERS=TRUE|FALSE
# Use GLSL API(else NVIDIA_CG): -DGLSL_API=TRUE|FALSE
# Use EGL (vs GLX)            : -DEGL_API=TRUE|FALSE
# Use SDL2                    ; -DSDL2_API=TRUE|FALSE

### GCC optimization options
# control C flags             : -DUSER_CMAKE_C_FLAGS="cflags"
# control C++ flags           : -DUSER_CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="cxxflags"
# control link flags          : -DUSER_CMAKE_LD_FLAGS="ldflags"

### Packaging options
# Installation path           : -DPACKAGE_MODE=TRUE(follow FHS)|FALSE(local bin/)
# Plugin installation path    : -DPLUGIN_DIR="/usr/lib/pcsx2"
# GL Shader installation path : -DGLSL_SHADER_DIR="/usr/share/games/pcsx2"
# Game DB installation path   : -DGAMEINDEX_DIR="/usr/share/games/pcsx2"
# Follow XDG standard         : -DXDG_STD=TRUE|FALSE
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsored links

Alright, so I tried to build the source code again, but it says I am missing these dependencies:

Code:
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing:  wxWidgets_FOUND)

Though aren't the wxwidgets libraries already bundled with the source code in the 3rdparty folder?
"I know now why you cry... but it is something I can never do."
-Emotion Engine
no 3rdparty is for windows. You can remove this dir. You need wxwidget 2.8
Arch seems to only have the package named wxgtk2.8 in the repository, which is what I need right? But cmake does not seem to recognize it.
EDIT: I have both wxgtk2.8 installed as well as lib32-wxgtk2.8, which requires the original. I also tried removing the 3.0 version in case of conflict, but cmake is still not picking it up.
"I know now why you cry... but it is something I can never do."
-Emotion Engine
you need the 32 bits wx dev package for the linker. However for cmake, you might also need the 64 bits dev package too. It migth worth to ask in the arch dedicated forum.
(02-06-2014, 09:15 PM)gregory Wrote: I don't know why but Windows is more thread efficient (aka scale much better).
So thats why pcsx2 runs better in wine than native?
It only for the SW renderer, besides it is only sse2 so far on linux (no PGO, no LTO). Wine could be faster because the binary if faster. I mean GSdx is highly optimized for the Microsoft compiler. Maybe gcc doesn't generate the code as expected by Gabest. And some optimization just get in the way of gcc. Or I suck to port code to openGL Wink
I use hw renderer and its still faster in wine (in native i get like 95-99% EE so its not gsdx's fault(?) ). Also its a shame that gsdx cant be configured in wine (when i open config dialog it crashes wine, but strange it doesnt crash with older plugin that doesnt have opengl renderer.)
Could manually configure using the ini files...
OS: Arch Linux x86_64 (linux-ck-bulldozer 3.12.10-2) dual boot with Win7 Ultimate x86_64
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693) UEFI
CPU: AMD FX-6300 hex-core @ 3.5ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] w/ up to date drivers linux and windows
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
Gamepads: 4 DS3 pads connected via bluetooth linux and windows
(02-10-2014, 12:20 AM)gregory Wrote: It only for the SW renderer, besides it is only sse2 so far on linux (no PGO, no LTO). Wine could be faster because the binary if faster. I mean GSdx is highly optimized for the Microsoft compiler. Maybe gcc doesn't generate the code as expected by Gabest. And some optimization just get in the way of gcc. Or I suck to port code to openGL Wink

I'm using the last svn and let me tell you that you almost reach the point of having GSOGL as good as GsDX, I'm getting almost the same speed that I used to have in windows in hardware mode with minor errors in graphics, congratulations Gregory, your port is really good Cool

Look, God of War in Linux using your port of Gsdx Laugh

[Image: am87.jpg]
[Image: 5e79.jpg]
[Image: 3g9f.jpg]
[Image: 0poa.jpg]
[Image: w8qx.jpg]
[Image: eknt.jpg]
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]