PCSX2 Logo Design Contest!
As many people that actively check our SVN know, we are in the process of a completely new cross-platform GUI for PCSX2.

But it would be quite dull to have a new GUI without a new logo, so we decided a fun thing to do would be to have a logo designing contest where people can show us their skills, and make the next official logo for PCSX2!

The contest rules are simple:
- Due by June 5th, 2009, but users can submit entries early in the PCSX2 Logo Design Entries thread.
- The contest is free for anyone to enter, including people affiliated with the project.
- You may enter as many entries as you like (though only one entry will be chosen.)
- Winner will get their logo in our next release, and will be credited for their logo in our "about dialog."
- Winner will be decided by PCSX2 team (in the event that the PCSX2 team likes our current logo better than the entries, we will have no winner)

Logo restrictions:
- Logo must contain the word 'PCSX2' (font/format/color is up to the designer)
- Logo should be of reasonable size (our current logo is 380x180px, so size should be roughly similar)
- Logo entry can be a modification of our current logo.
- Logo should be submitted as a .png file.
- You may submit an optional 64x64px Icon with your logo to be used as PCSX2's new icon (also should be a .png file).
- All entries will be released under a Creative Commons license.
- No copyrighted images may be used in the entries.

Tip for Icons:
* Icons should be 64x64, but must look good at 32x32 and 16x16. Explained:

Typically users will see 32x32 or 16x16 versions of icons (these are shown in start menu, quick launch, etc). So for a 64x64 icon to be usable it must scale well to 32x32 or 16x16. Alternatively you can prepare an entire icon package, with special versions of an icon at each size: 64x64, 48x48, 32x32, and 16x16. This way you can ensure icons look as intended at each size.

So good luck! Smile You can post your application in this thread HERE

On other news,the PCSX2 guide has been fully updated for 0.9.6. So now it's the best time if someone wants to translate it to another language. You can submit your application in this thread HERE if the spot for that language is still open Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Anyone care to constructively criticise these?
That icon's really good, but I think none of the logos are quite right on composition. I think the first with a desaturated background would look fantastic.
hurray our first submission xD
i like the first attachment, except i think 'pcsx2' would look better in another font, and the color scheme needs a bit more contrasting colors.

the icon is looking pretty badass imo Cool
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Thanks for the feedback. Check again, i updated. I'll make more updates tomorrow.
I like Mathematica6 font it has awesome S's X's , don't know why but it always makes me think of vampire movies.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
I'd suggest to have up to 256x256 icon images, 'cause I love my big icons in Vista and up. But, of course, this is a just a wish.
They are too "darky".
I prefer pastoral gamma >_>
To be honest,these don't look very different from the current one. I'm pretty bored of the bios clock theme,it has been that for so long it all looks the same to me Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well, I partly agree with what bositman just said. They are not bad entries at all mind you.

But, keep in mind that

- Logo must contain the word 'PCSX2' (font/format/color is up to the designer)

is the only thing that MUST be in the logo. The bios clock theme, you can remove if you want.