PCSX2 Mac Help or Switch to PC?
Hey All!

I have technically gotten PCSX2 to "work" on my mac, albeit terribly. It loads and plays the beginning cut scene (Shadow of the Colossus and JAK 3), and quickly drops in speed to the 20-30% range, audio intermittently cutting out along with it. I have changed some settings according to a few tutorials, but that didn't help. Something actually made it worse, to where I get an error (serious error and needs to close -- problem in program or deficiency in Wine). Back to preset 2, works again, but at 30%ish speeds.

I installed with instructions in the MAC Wine Oct 2015 guide. Notes:

- PCSX version 1.5 512 isn't available for download. It goes to the page, and the download link just keeps refreshing the page. Like another user, I just downloaded the version right before it (v1.5.0-dev-511-gf1b3d7d). 

- Vcrun2015 DID install for me.

- Considered trying 1.3.1 1415, but that download isn't working either.

- I put the iso files right into the PCSX2 folder (right clicked on the app and clicked "show package files", navigated through to the pcsx2 folder) as that's where PCSX2 first navigated to when looking for isos (and I didn't want to change it -- It looks like a windows folder navigation so I was afraid to screw something up.) Is this ok?

Not sure where to go from here. Here are the specs of my computer:

Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013
2.3 GHz Intel® Core™ i7-4850HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz - Haswell (Supports AVX & AVX2 -- have tried both)
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB (built-in)
NVidia GeForce GT 750M (PCIe)
OSX 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

I've seen people with comparable specs running smoothly. I would imagine this should work? I don't need crazy FPS/performance like I did back in my WoW days -- we just want to be able to play, a bit of lag or somewhat lower fps is fine. I'm a single mom mostly playing with my 4 year old, lol.

I also have a Windows computer, but I think the specs are just not as good. Here they are:

Windows 10, 64 bit
Intel Core i5-4210U 1.70GHz 2.40GHz
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics Family

Not that great -- but the steam games on it run fine (FEAR series, Cargo 3, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dead Effect, Bioshock)

Should I start investing my time into trying to get this to work on the Windows PC? I just avoided it because the computer is generally more laggy than my mac, the screen resolution is awful and it's also cracked. 

Would love to hear thoughts/suggestions and any help getting it to run smoothly on the mac would be MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks all!

Sponsored links

(10-26-2016, 06:36 PM)adntigger710 Wrote: snip

The graphics drivers on OSX are POS, so I'd recommend you go install Linux Mint into your computer and install pcsx2 using the pcsx2 ppa.
I tried Sonatina's guide for CrossOver on Mac and got it working pretty well on MacOS Sierra (10.12) - this should work fine on older.

Follow his steps in his tread, only change I made is

1) Had to Get DX 11 from here instead ; his link goes to a SPAM/potential malware link download site:
http://www.freesoftwarefiles.com/multime...-download/

2) Go into SPU2/Audio settings - plug in settings, change #2 output settings / Module to DirectSound

Working good, better than the performance I got on a hypervisor running Windows XP/7
(11-04-2016, 05:27 PM)nps-ca Wrote: I tried Sonatina's guide for CrossOver on Mac and got it working pretty well on MacOS Sierra (10.12) - this should work fine on older.

Follow his steps in his tread, only change I made is

1) Had to Get DX 11 from here instead ; his link goes to a SPAM/potential malware link download site:

https://getpczone.com/software/directx-9...2-64-bit-2

https://portablebull.com/directx-11-free...installer/

2) Go into SPU2/Audio settings - plug in settings, change #2 output settings / Module to DirectSound
Working good, better than the performance I got on a hypervisor running Windows XP/7
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go