PCSX2 Nightly keeps giving me error after update
Photo 
After installing the latest update PCSX2 Nightly gave me an error saying it couldn't start because it failed to initialize the qt platform plugin

I've tried every fix I can find but nothing helped if anyone could help me out that would be great thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Went back to past version and it works fine so it might just be a bug with the new one
(04-26-2023, 02:49 AM)Devilmaywhy Wrote: Went back to past version and it works fine so it might just be a bug with the new one

Please, I beg you, which version have you downgrade to make it work again. Please, I'm going insane trying to fix this.
Edit: Looks like latest-latest update resolved qt issue.

Please provide additional info such as your os version at the very least. You need to have Windows 10 21H2 (1809 or later) (64-bit).
Where is your pcsx2 is installed may matter (don't install into program files).
Make sure that redist c++ runtimes are installed.

This is working fine for most folks (including me) so there's something specific to your setup here. Read requirements and what needs to be done here: https://pcsx2.net/docs/usage/setup/
(04-26-2023, 03:28 AM)Shirogane1610 Wrote: Please, I beg you, which version have you downgrade to make it work again. Please, I'm going insane trying to fix this.

Any version before March but late march will also do.
The message is related to permissions to the File or directory.
I'm currently trying to figure out how to solve it.
it has to do with updater.exe extracting the files and placing them in the directory.
The Updater.exe doesn't have permission.
Is the file a "Trusted installer"? If so all we have to do is changed the folder properties.
I'm tryin'
Okay, here is what to do.
go to /user/documents/PCSX2 Copy/Cut all of the files.
Go to C:
Manually make a folder called "PCSX2" (or anything, really)
Go inside
Right Paste the files here
run the Program if prompted to update it should update now.

For some reason Updater.exe doesn't have access to write in the Documents folder.

Why do only a few people have this issue?
A: Because of Active Directory, Windows 11, .NET (controls) or something else. I have the same issue with opening PS Plus App
The Qt web browser never starts and crashes
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go