Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCSX2 Not recognizing controllers anymore
Hey, im having problems with my dualshock 2 / scph-1200 controllers not working. I use Super Joy Box 5 Pro to connect them to my pc and it used to recognize them flawlesly back in time when i used the same pcsx2 version/configurations and plugins but now that im into that stuff again it doesnt work. When i went to check on it on lilypad options, it said [Detached] on my old bindings even though i have the controller on and getting electricity to it as im able to put analog on. The scph-1200 controller used to work before but now, no? Any suggestions what i should do to fix this?
[Image: scaled.php?server=859&filename=lilypad.jpg&res=medium]

Sponsored links

Hey xSopuli,

1: Switch the keyboard API to DirectInput, which should solve the lack contoller input receipt.
2: I'd highly recommend using MotionJoy, its practically instant setup and it works everytime for me, I use a PS3 controller. Plus it supports emulation of an XBox 360 controller for PC gaming, and also psx, px2 (for removal of pressure sensitive triggers, which don't work for ps2)

GL.
you didn't mention if your controller is at least recognized in windows control panel ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(02-01-2012, 01:41 AM)jesalvein Wrote: recognized in windows control panel ?

Yeah, it seems its not recognized at all, MotionJoy couldn't find them either.
Whats bugging me out is that i get the electricity to the controller, yet it can not recognize it at all. I'm out of ideas Sad
open device manager and search for plug and play devices. it should pick it up
(02-01-2012, 01:35 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Hey xSopuli,

1: Switch the keyboard API to DirectInput, which should solve the lack contoller input receipt.

Or not, as that won't fix the issue of a missing Directinput gamepad.

Quote:2: I'd highly recommend using MotionJoy, its practically instant setup and it works everytime for me, I use a PS3 controller. Plus it supports emulation of an XBox 360 controller for PC gaming, and also psx, px2 (for removal of pressure sensitive triggers, which don't work for ps2)

motionjoy 4 was the last decent version. 5+ tries to do way too much.

Quote:open device manager and search for plug and play devices. it should pick it up

if it wasn't picked up upon plugging it in, then the adapter is faulty, not a rare incidence with superjoybox adapters by any means.
its also not unusual for these chinese pieces of crap to have grounding issues or feed voltage back into the usb host and freeze the host controller, preventing any plugins or removals being detected.

should it be the adapter, you can chain a ps2 to xbox adapter onto a xbox to usb adapter which will allow the device to work on currently supported XBCD drivers.
(02-01-2012, 02:25 AM)Saiki Wrote: open device manager and search for plug and play devices. it should pick it up

Quote:By plug & play devices you mean this place?
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4213/...evices.jpg
No.
(02-01-2012, 02:29 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: if it wasn't picked up upon plugging it in, then the adapter is faulty, not a rare incidence with superjoybox adapters by any means.
its also not unusual for these chinese pieces of crap to have grounding issues or feed voltage back into the usb host and freeze the host controller, preventing any plugins or removals being detected.
Must be broken then, ill head to store to get a new adapter tomorrow then and see what'll happen. My iq must be too low to understand this lol: "should it be the adapter, you can chain a ps2 to xbox adapter onto a xbox to usb adapter which will allow the device to work on currently supported XBCD drivers." Wacko
PS2 controller plugs into http://www.dinodirect.com/ps2-xbox-adapt...erter.html

http://www.dinodirect.com/ps2-xbox-adapt...erter.html plugs into http://www.engsoc.org/~pat/log/xbox/20041002.jpg

the first adapter converts the device from serial to non-hid xbox compatible raw data, which is compatible with XBCD (after i add its vid&pid info of course).

the second adapter converts the xbox plug from non standard usb to standard usb.
Aah now i see, thanks man! I'll get those too so i can try that method too Happy
(02-01-2012, 02:29 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Or not, as that won't fix the issue of a missing Directinput gamepad.

Actually, that was fail reading on my part, I read the problem as the controller input wasn't being read by pcsx2, aka 'he's pressing buttons, and nothing was happening in the emu', not that windows itself was not reading the device, my bad.