Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCSX2 On PS3 YLD 6.2
I'm a newbee, ha. And I just wanna play kingdom hearts final mix 2. My pc will only play kh2fm half speed(20-40fps). I tried swap magic and every other exploit i could find on my ps2 slim SCPH-75001 but with no success. I thought I could install linux(which i have no idea how to use, btw, but guides and friends help a bit) on my ps3, which I didnt do the recent update of removing the "other OS' from my 80Gig ps3. But the idea isnt going so well and im thinking of giving up, lol. km2fm is more trouble then its worth, lol. I wondering if anyone has install linux and PCSX2 on a ps3 and working successfully? and/or could help me. Or maybe theres a different way?

Thanks....

Sponsored links

Not gonna happen Tongue Just get a better PC or give up
[Image: newsig.jpg]
haha, yea i figured as much.
To fend off any would-be "but why not" posts, please just accept that PCSX2 will never ever be ported to the architecture that the PS3 uses. Don't ask unless you volunteer yourself up for coding it Tongue

Getting a vanilla linux installation up and running is ridiculously easy. Getting a stable GUI and abilitiy to do useful work, however, is still buggy as hell on the PS3. If you're not already using your PS3 as a little server or something, it's probably safe to say you won't find a use in the future for the OtherOS feature.

Still pissed Sony removed it. It's certainly not helping my perception of the company, what with the CD rootkit debacle and now removing one of my favorite features of the PS3 Sad
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Yea, I get what your saying. I figured that installing linux and an emulator would be easy, linux was easy haha, but not the emulator. I was thinking of emulating winxp on linux then installing PCSX2.

I didnt update just because i figured I could pull this off. Im missing call of dutymw2 Sad. but i'm wondering about poeple getting refunds on there ps3's just because of the other os removed and such.
(04-18-2010, 11:03 AM)ragnarokrose69 Wrote: Yea, I get what your saying. I figured that installing linux and an emulator would be easy, linux was easy haha, but not the emulator. I was thinking of emulating winxp on linux then installing PCSX2.

Still wouldn't work. PCSX2 doesn't work on the PS3.
It's the system that is incompatible, not the operating system.
Wait! Hold up! CD rootkit debacle? Sony is spreading viruses?
Let me see if i got this right... you want to install linux on a PS3, then emulate winxp, then emulate pcsx2? SICK!! Tongue Tell me if you ever manage such thing ^^
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
I don't know whether you're underestimating the PS2 or overestimating the PS3, but that... would be slow. If it worked.

Just forget about it.
(04-18-2010, 10:51 PM)bkwegoharder Wrote: Wait! Hold up! CD rootkit debacle? Sony is spreading viruses?

Yup. Or at least they did, until they got sued for it. Made my Windows installation un-bootable, and at the time the only way I knew how to fix it was to reformat the whole thing Sad

It's right around then I fully switched over to a linux desktop for home use, so at least something good came out of it lol.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi