PCSX2 Playground v1.0.0395 and new forums!
After a really long period of silence, we're back with a bang!

Today we are announcing the release of PCSX2 Playground 1.0.0395

Born as a 'playground' test-bed for PCSX2 modifications and code, the Playground project evolved into much more, over a period of about 4 months.
Created by Air (aka Jake Stine), arcum42, cottonvibes, drkIIRaziel, rama and tested by Krakatos, the team would like to thank:

- Thanks to the original PCSX2 development team, to the betatesters and to everyone that helped them. Without their work, PCSX2 would not exist, and neither would the Playground project!
- Thanks to the PCSX2 team once more for graciously hosting our forums.
- Thanks to the PCSX2 team once again for providing hosting space Smile
- Thanks to Gigaherz for the render used in the playground logo
- Thanks to all the people who tried the various Playground revisions over these months, providing us with helpful feedback
- Thanks to everyone else who supported Playground, without you all this would have not been possible!

The PCSX2 team decided to support this project by having the official beta testers also test it and hosting their binary and forum, since they've been doing some great job Smile
You can grab the new binary which includes a plugin pack (and a heavily modified SPU2Ghz for your sound pleasure!) in our download section here
For more information,check the dedicated forum here

Also,today we open our new official forums, hosted right here at pcsx2.net Smile We would like to thank Bobbi and the NGemu network for hosting our forums for so long!
Our new forum is totally dedicated to PCSX2 and has sections for the official release,the public beta, plugins and the playground build Smile
We hope you enjoy it, you can visit by clicking here

Note: Your verification mail might end up in junk mail, please check there!
Note2: We moved our official SVN repository from sourceforge to google code: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Hello and thousand thanks for great work

Also may i have a question.

What is the different with this PCSX2 Playground v1.0.0395 and the PCSX2 0.9.4 ?

Because of my weak English so i do not really catch the idea of this release and how does it different with current team and something like that. Does it an office release and being support by office team? Or it just a svn subversion which will go along with office one?

Best regard

PLT
This thread here will explain what's new mostly:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2341.html

And yes for the time it will be developed along the official SVN
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Awesome, the new logo is incredible, and It has a lot of different setting than the regular pcsx2 and FF12 is pretty fast. Thanks Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
Thanks, that's nice to hear. Smile

I'll have to check out these modified builds when I get a chance, they sound quite promising.
[Image: logo.gif]
Congratulations to the playground team on finally getting full support at the forums (or new forums I should say). This is my first post here at the new forums. I formerly went by the nickname of hockland over at the other forums since this one had been taken over there. Good to have my proper forum nickname back again Smile.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
well, yesterday i tried the newest edition of v1.0.0395, however unfortunately, I found it badly behaved. this happens particuly on the graphic part and the screen flashes in all mode(the one press F5 to change). I am not sure what is the problem.
by th eway, my CPU is AMD5000+, it is said that this processor can support SSE3,but I yesterday tried the third one entitled SSSE3 under the item of graphic,it turns out a failure of nonsupport.
SSE3 is not SSSE3. SSSE3 is supported by only newer Intel processors, SSE3 is supported by newer AMD ones as well.

P.S. Grats on the new forum, guys!
oh good, I got it. canyou also make a solution for the flashing screen problem for me? I used the old ones well.

I also would like to know that if SSSE3 is not SSE3,then there would be no graphic for SSE3 which perhaps is most common on the main stream computers. will it be a trend that the future PCSXs are to have a higher standard hardware? it won't benefits the majority.
If there's no SSE3 plugin is because it isn't needed. Just play with SSE2 or upgrade your computer.