PCSX2 Portable?
Is there any way to make this program portable, like... to run EVERYTHING off of my flash drive?

I already have the DirectX folder from downloading a portable version of DirectX and I already have all the PCSX2 installer files installed onto my flash drive... so like, any way to make this portable so I can actually use it?

I can't install DirectX onto any computer I use (since I don't even own my own computer), so... like, how do I make this work so I can actually enjoy what I love the most? Cause seriously, what is the point of making an emulator... if you can't even make it portable? (just saying, no offense)

[I don't have admin rights or anything, so it's kind of pointless to even play this if I can't play it through my flash drive]

[PCSX2 Version: 1.0.0]

Sponsored links

create a blank portable.ini file in pcsx2 folder and you're done.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-20-2013, 10:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: create a blank portable.ini file in pcsx2 folder and you're done.

Yeah, but that doesn't help with the whole directX situation... like, how do I even use the directX if I can't install it?

Where do I place my directX files?

I got the files from this:

http://portableapps.com/node/35742

Now all I need to do is figure out how to make it run off of my flash drive and stop searching the computers I use.
oh, i see.
you can't.
you'll need admin rights to install dx files anyways.
(09-20-2013, 10:29 PM)jesalvein Wrote: oh, i see.
you can't.
you'll need admin rights to install dx files anyways.

So there is absolutely no way to use a portable directX with pcsx2 portable binaries?
(09-20-2013, 10:30 PM)JustSomeGamerGuy Wrote: So there is absolutely no way to use a portable directX with pcsx2 portable binaries?

not that i know.
if you find a way, let us know.
(09-20-2013, 10:30 PM)JustSomeGamerGuy Wrote: So there is absolutely no way to use a portable directX with pcsx2 portable binaries?

Is there perhaps a way to edit the portable config or ini so that it loads the directX from my flash drive and not from the computer?

I always figured if you change the "loading preferences" of a program, you could simply load portable binaries from a flash drive instead of from a computer.

So, instead of having it search the computer for directX, it would end up searching your flash drive... yet I don't know the codeline for that or anything, so if someone else on here knows anything about coding... pcsx2 could really use better coders (no offense).

But almost every other emulator program out there can run completely through portable uses (even Minecraft), so I am surprised how this cannot.
(09-20-2013, 10:34 PM)JustSomeGamerGuy Wrote: Is there perhaps a way to edit the portable config or ini so that it loads the directX from my flash drive and not from the computer?

I always figured if you change the "loading preferences" of a program, you could simply load portable binaries from a flash drive instead of from a computer.

So, instead of having it search the computer for directX, it would end up searching your flash drive... yet I don't know the codeline for that or anything, so if someone else on here knows anything about coding... pcsx2 could really use better coders (no offense).

But almost every other emulator program out there can run completely through portable uses (even Minecraft), so I am surprised how this cannot.

Or is it possible to use other plugins instead of directX/d3d?

Perhaps is it possible to use OpenGL or something?
Dx is better then open gl btw i guss you didnt able to install dx files in pc. Why? What type of error they show you.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
^He can't because he doesn't want to install stuff on somebody elses computer or have no right to do it;p.

I would say that if computer wouldn't have DX installed already it's probably some office stuff which wouldn't run pcsx2 at any reasonable speeds anyway. All(almost;p) modern games require latest DX installed, so typical gamer system(which generally is required for playable pcsx2 experience) already must have it.