PCSX2 Problem With Cor i7+GTX275
stpdrgstr: Actually... the recommended specs are as follows...

"Recommended System Requirements Wrote:Recommended

* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit with the latest DirectX
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
* RAM: 1gb on Linux/Windows XP, 2gb or more on Vista

And as can be clearly seen in the images he posted... There is a configuration problem here and NOT a hardware issue. Note the lack of textures in the god of war image.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Well, I read OP's "run better" and I thought it was the game running slowly. Didn't this game run nicely with recent builds?
Core i7 / core i5 also run a lot better than their clock speed would make you think. I have a 2.66 ghz i7 920 and can run every game I have tried at full speed. Even without turbo bust kicking in. That's all I have to add to this.
The i7 920 should overclock to 2.8GHz automatically.
Well the i7-920 has the same stock clock speed as the i5-750. I played around with my i5-750 stock, and almost every game i threw at it was running full 60fps everywhere. My i5 does 2.66Ghz stock with 4 cores in use does 2.8Ghz. (Just like the i7-920) Now that I OC'ed my i5, with 4 cores active it clocks at 3.4Ghz. With 1 active, it clocks at 3.8Ghz. To be honest, as far as PCSX2 goes, there is no difference in speed from my stock i5 to my OC'ed i5. Because I was getting full speed on almost everything while my i5 was stock. If you are having problems with speed at stock, you may have to look at your other hardware or settings/config. You can also OC your i7-920. (it does have a lot of legroom.) But if you do that, be sure you have a nice aftermarket cooler and good thermal paste. (Artic Silver 5) Don't ever use the stock cooler to OC, or you will end up frying your CPU to hell.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
(11-18-2009, 11:43 PM)decode1984 Wrote: You guys seem to be forgetting that the Intel Core i5-i7 series has Turbo Boost. Which AUTO OC's the CPU depending on what cores have what load. On stock settings, my i5-750 OC's auto to 2.8Ghz (from stock 2.67Ghz) when all 4 cores are in use. When only one is in use, it OC's to 3.2Ghz. Bushido, I would download the CPU-Z program and see what your clock rate bumps up to while playing PCSX2. Keep in mind, that SpeedStep tech needs to be on, and Turbo Boost needs to be on for this to work. Not to mention having a mainboard that supports the technology. I increased my BCLK on my i5-750, and with only 1 core active it clocks at 3.8Ghz. With 4 active, 3.4Ghz. I will not have problems with most if not all PS2 games in terms of speed.
Exactly decode you make a good answer ^^
My Cor i7 is a 2.67Ghz and when i run a game or when i begin extracting a bi rar file it becomes 2.80 or 3.00 i dont know why ^^
By the way now i have ordered second GTX275 i will make 2-way SLI and why not 3-way SLI ^^^
after that and to have a config like mine you must spend over a 1300€ Bro
Thanks Decode
[Image: 834582.png]
(11-18-2009, 11:25 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: That has nothing to do with this.

You need clock power, and your Core i7 is at a lower clock than an e8400 at stock. The recommended frequency is 2.8+ ghz.

Loool i'm certnly that you are just a user not gamer lmao
Bro the e8400 is 2CPUs technology but the Cor i7 is a 8CPUs Technology i will let you compar between the power of 2Cars and 8Cars hhhhhhhhhBiggrin
[Image: 834582.png]
i7 is NOT an 8 core CPU... It's a 4 core CPU with hyper threading. That means it can handle 8 threads at once (2 per CPU) but it doesn't mean it handles those threads efficiently or anything like having actual additional cores. No clue how efficient the i7 actually is at using all 8 threads at once.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Forget Hyperthreading on the Core i7. PCSX2 will never harness that power at it's current state. Four cores are more than enough for it. There are minimal programs out there that will benefit from Hyperthreading on a Core i5/i7 right now. Programs barely make use of 2-4 cores right now. And Bushido, the reason why sometimes the clock speed increases when you are using your CPU is Intel's Turbo Boost technology. Your CPU (as long as Intel Speedstep and Turbo Boost are on.) will automatically adjust clock speed to what you are using at the time. If you are web browsing, it will underclock to 1.2Ghz. If you are using all 4 cores on full load, it will Overclock to 2.8Ghz. If you are using 2 cores, the other 2 will idle and the 2 in use will bump up to 3.0-3.1Ghz.

If you are only using 1 core, the other 3 will be turned off and that core will clock to 3.2Ghz. Again, this will only work if the Speedstep/Turbo Boost technology is turned on. It also depends on the Mainboard and the CPU temps. If the temps and TDP are too high, it will not Overclock to those speeds. Voltages are also something to watch out for. At least on my Intel board, CPU Voltages are set dynamically. I have not had an issue with stability yet on my OC. The CPU with my Intel board automatically switches the voltages on it's own, according to load and demand. That may not be the case for other mainboards, so be careful when you play around with settings. I am actually amazed that I got this OC on my board. Intel is not usually known for making boards that OC well. But this one really kicked it up a notch. Not to mention, Intel boards are extremely reliable. I am running my i5-750 at 3.2Ghz with 4 cores active 3.4Ghz and 1 core active 3.8Ghz. It seems stable. There is minimal difference between the i5-750 and the i7-920. The i7 has HT, and works on the LGA1366 socket. But both of them have the same clock speeds.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
(11-21-2009, 06:47 PM)R².Bushido Wrote: Loool i'm certnly that you are just a user not gamer lmao
Bro the e8400 is 2CPUs technology but the Cor i7 is a 8CPUs Technology i will let you compar between the power of 2Cars and 8Cars hhhhhhhhhBiggrin
being a 'gamer' doesn't instantly make you superior (imo it just makes you a drooling retard who masturbates over every single extra 0.0001 FPS you can squeeze out of your hardware in whatever game happens to be in fashion at the moment, but i'll stop with the inflammatory comments)
a core i7 is a quad core cpu with 2 threads of execution per core (called hyperthreading) and as such it just 'appears' to be 8CPU technology (my my, looked at the cpu graph thingy in task manager did we? ooops, i said i'd stop the inflammatory comments)
i'm not a gamer, but i am a user of pcsx2 who has had pcsx2 running very nicely on a core i7 920, which to be honest, doesn't really take much work... just a little bit of common sense.
the key to this is the config, having a 'sane' config can make all the difference with this emulator and since mummy taught me that i should be nice to everyone...
a recent GSdx using Direct3D10 Hardware should solve your graphics issues

(11-21-2009, 07:57 PM)Koji Wrote: i7 is NOT an 8 core CPU... It's a 4 core CPU with hyper threading. That means it can handle 8 threads at once (2 per CPU) but it doesn't mean it handles those threads efficiently or anything like having actual additional cores. No clue how efficient the i7 actually is at using all 8 threads at once.
as far as i've been able to see, looking at my brother's i7, it's pretty efficient...
it's also pretty fun watching it doing stuff like building 8 things at once in visual studio
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870