PCSX2 Problems - FFX
(07-10-2009, 03:25 PM)nakaro Wrote: I got through the Djose temple problem quite easily today with the new plugins (09 July 2009). Extract them. Copy them into your plugins folder. Reset your plugins directory to pick them up. For the graphical plugin, change to GSdx 1479 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15, then I set Direct3D9 (Hardware), aspect ratio 4:3, and only check the following: "Logarithmic Z" | "Allow 8-bit textures" | "Alpha Correction (FBA)".

I'll admit I havent looked into this thoroughly, but as soon as I changed my settings to that one.. the graphic corruption appeared but my pc was able to 'hack' its way through then the game carries on just fine. (until the next crash I suppose) .. then I'll have to change back to the above setting as I will only use it when things start to crash.

Ok i've played a bit further and the graphic corruption after taking out seymor at the macalania temple is also sorted out with the abovementioned graphic plugin and settings... dont really have time to post thorough detail on my system setup, i can say that im using pcsx2 0.9.6. if anyone wants specifics if its not working then ill try to help out.

enjoy Wink

Sponsored links

(07-11-2009, 02:58 PM)nakaro Wrote:
(07-10-2009, 03:25 PM)nakaro Wrote: I got through the Djose temple problem quite easily today with the new plugins (09 July 2009). Extract them. Copy them into your plugins folder. Reset your plugins directory to pick them up. For the graphical plugin, change to GSdx 1479 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15, then I set Direct3D9 (Hardware), aspect ratio 4:3, and only check the following: "Logarithmic Z" | "Allow 8-bit textures" | "Alpha Correction (FBA)".

I'll admit I havent looked into this thoroughly, but as soon as I changed my settings to that one.. the graphic corruption appeared but my pc was able to 'hack' its way through then the game carries on just fine. (until the next crash I suppose) .. then I'll have to change back to the above setting as I will only use it when things start to crash.

Ok i've played a bit further and the graphic corruption after taking out seymor at the macalania temple is also sorted out with the abovementioned graphic plugin and settings... dont really have time to post thorough detail on my system setup, i can say that im using pcsx2 0.9.6. if anyone wants specifics if its not working then ill try to help out.

enjoy Wink

Alright, at the Al Bhed "Home" there are some serious crashes! took me a while but I finally figured out how to get through them. Using the same graphic configuration as mentioned above, go to your "Advanced" and change settings as indicated in the attachment. Go to "Speed Hacks" also and change settings as indication in the attachment. It should do the trick. I think the Speed hacks settings is the key to all the crashes... but not sure.

Again, dont wanna spend hours making a perfect post, if you need specifics, msg me, I'll try respond.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-12-2009, 09:59 AM)nakaro Wrote: Alright, at the Al Bhed "Home" there are some serious crashes! took me a while but I finally figured out how to get through them. Using the same graphic configuration as mentioned above, go to your "Advanced" and change settings as indicated in the attachment. Go to "Speed Hacks" also and change settings as indication in the attachment. It should do the trick. I think the Speed hacks settings is the key to all the crashes... but not sure.

Again, dont wanna spend hours making a perfect post, if you need specifics, msg me, I'll try respond.

again, use the latest beta revision of pcsx2 and plugins for that. these crashes at djose temple and in the al bhed home are definitely fixed. i know it, cause i also experienced both of these crash situations with vanilla pcsx2 0.9.6 and my FFX (Ger-PAL).
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I tried updating to the most recent pcsx2 beta, and I've placed the patches refered to in this thread in the appropriate folder. Sadly when I try to run the game, it fails to load the memory cards I was using on the previous version. This is to say, if I try and configure the memory cards and set them to my previous file location - it keeps giving me error messages that it's unable to load the specific memory card when trying to run the game. Is it, in any way, possible to recover my data from the older version or are they incompatible ? I only have arround 19 hours of gameplay but, however much I do love FFX it'd kinda suck to play it all over again so soon. I'd rather progress, and keep my current blitzball team as well. If not, I guess I'll try the "bypass" mentioned earlier. Any help is appreciated, I'm a bit of a newbie with pcsx2 but I was loving it up till the cutscene with Yuna's bed hair.
do you run the pcsx2.exe with "right click->run as admin" and from a folder with full access rights like "My Documents"?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
First of all, whenever I move my memory cards to the newest version/beta, I always make a copy just in case something like this happens.

Maybe you should set the memory card location to the place where you installed the beta at, I never set my memory card location to the previous at all.
CPU: Core i5 Processor 3330
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
OS1: Windows 10
I do run the .exe as administrator, by right clicking and selecting the proper option. The executable is under program files, I could try moving it to my documents though I doubt that 'd do much good. I tried the reverse process and moving the old memcards to the new location instead of the other way arround. Alas, I run in to a likewise problem - this time I do seem to be able to load the memory cards but it is claimed they do not contain FFX data. While trying to use them with pcsx2 0.9.6 - those memcards DO contain FFX data, so I'm not sure why it isn't working.

I'm using the PAL version, and running the .iso with daemon tools PRO - Europe v01.60(04/10/2001) Console bios and running it under vista.
(Dual Core Processor with 2.00GHz - 4GB RAM & Geforce 9600 graphics card

I did backup my memcards in a file under my documents. And thanks for the quick replies so far.
only one method to be sure, try moving it to "My Documents". what does the memcard browser show you, when you boot into the ps2 bios? and i recommend to directly use the image file with linuziso as your cdvd plugin instead of mounting it.
Okay....... like zero29 said, directly use the image file with linuz iso as your plugin. Don't try mounting the game with poweriso, magicdisk, daemon tools, or anything else, or otherwise if you try to load the iso but it's already mounted chances are it will fail to load.

If it fails to load simply umount your iso from daemon tools, then load the iso from linuz.
CPU: Core i5 Processor 3330
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
OS1: Windows 10
I did try loading the .iso directly with the linuz iso cdvd 0.8.0 option instead of mounting the .iso. It doesn't seem to work however, I have unmounted all my drives - yet it prompts me with this error message. I recall it didn't work on the last version for me either however. And even if the .iso would be loaded without the use of external programs (like daemon tools) - would that fix the memory card issue ?

Screenshot: http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8438/...hoteya.jpg

As you can see, the pcsx2 folder is under my documents and there aren't any virtual disks mounted.

EDIT: I can upload some more screenshots, if needed. I am reasonably knowledgeable concerning PC's - but as I said, I'm a bit of a newbie with emulators, especially pcsx2 and I feel as if I'm hitting my head against a brick wall.