PCSX2 Profile Manager
Thumbs Up 
The work and efforts you put into this project is utterly appreciated...Smile

you have my gratttitude attitude Wub

It seems indeed to be a handy tool.

My only wish is that the coders should implement this tool into the next revision of pcSX2 if possible Rolleyes

if it hasn't been done already Ninja !!

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1

Sponsored links

Ah...this is driving me NUTS (cookoo Wacko)

As great this app is so equaly frustrating it can be Angry !!

When creating an new profile (current pcsx2 setting select) for game B for example, pcsx2 starts whit the current setting from old profile game A in PM fine so far.

But when i change the settings to be compatible for profile B in pcsx2, the settings from game B are saved to the old (active) profile A !!
And the settings from old profile A are saved in my new created profile B WackoWacko!!!

Also, i noticed you need to close and start and again and time again profle manager before it changes or applies anything !!

So to work arround this i need to created an new profile for an game but not start pcsx2 YET and restart PM, activate the new profile first before i can change any setting pcsx2 from which the new settings will save to the right profile in PM to avoid harming the other profiles Glare Excl!!!

Others having the same issue or is it just me Unsure

oh well...

cherrriepoppers
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
I was wondering if there was a way to run the Profile Manager and select each Profile to run PCSX2 via the command line? I want to incorporate my PS2 into a cab via Hyperspin, and the tough part is being able to select the game to run without the GUI. Any ideas?
How about make it auto save to GameIndex.dbf?
(09-13-2009, 09:40 PM)DARKGuy Wrote: Hey guys Smile

Note: This program requires the .NET framework.

I didn't know there was another profile manager around, so I made mine in a couple of days in C#, because if we're gonna have a new GUI with Wx, there's no point in editing the current one if it's gonna be changed Tongue, besides, it started for personal use, but I decided to share it with you people Laugh.

It's very simple and it doesn't tinker with the INI files, it just moves and compresses them around, that way the program is kept flexible against any kind of INI changes. I might improve it if there is a need for a feature, just as long as it isn't "stuck" to a specific pcsx2/plugin version. The idea is for it to work with any version whatsoever Tongue

The app was made in Windows 7 x64, compiled for x86 for release here, but the full source code is provided (in VS2008 C# solution) in case you want to compile a x64 version for yourself. It could also be useful for those brave souls who wish to compile it with Mono for Linux compatibility... Wink. I also spent some time commenting the code, so it could be of use for those who don't have much idea of C# and want to learn a trick or two ^^.

Profiles are saved in <pcsx2folder>\inis\profiles in the form of ZIP files. That way, you can share them to friends with ease, or post them to the forum. In case you want to use a profile you got given from somebody, you just put the ZIP file in there, reload the program, and activate the profile. Once you activate it, it will unzip all the files inside your inis folder (clearing everything before doing such). It also creates a profile.dat file in the inis folder so it knows which profile is active, and a config.dat file in the app's folder to store the pcsx2 exe file path and what action to do when you double-click a profile Tongue

Anyhow, too much talking! here goes some screenies Smile

[Image: profile.PNG]

[Image: config.PNG]

[Image: inis.PNG]

Program:
Source:

Note: The app creates backups of your current profile whenever you edit or create a new one from the default config or your current setup, however, I strongly advise to make a backup of your pcsx2 config if you don't want to redo it again in case the program has a bogus Tongue. Also, it hasn't been tested in XP, but in theory, it should work. Just check the source, it doesn't do any fancy stuff ^^.

Enjoy! Laugh comments & suggestions welcome Laugh

Thanks! It has been more than a decades right now, still useful. But maybe we need the nightly build, I have tried it on nightly pcsx2 but it was not working.
(10-25-2023, 11:45 AM)Enyst Wrote: Thanks! It has been more than a decades right now, still useful. But maybe we need the nightly build, I have tried it on nightly pcsx2 but it was not working.

Necro thread from 2013 that was mostly only useful in 2011?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go