PCSX2 + Ratchet and Clank
My issue: PCSX2 reports the game is being rendered at ~60fps, but it is unplayably slow. everything except the main screen and pause menu just doesnt play right, as if it really is only rendering at like 20fps. Anybody have any idea of a possible cause?

System specs-
Phenom II x4 3.4 ghz
Radeon 7850
8gb ddr3 @1720

PCSX2 Settings:

Renderer: Dx11 software (GSD 10)
auto interlacing
4 extra rendering threads
Edge AA
Native PS2 resolution

[attachment=44413]
[attachment=44414]

Note: if I turn off frame limiting, it renders at around 80fps, but plays like it is only rendering at 60.

Sponsored links

speedhacks cause false FPS readings, especially when you push EE cycle rate & VU cycle stealing that high
Since you are using software mode, you may need a CPU above 4.0 Ghz to make it work around full speed.

lower a bit ee cycle rate. it can slow the game down if pushed to high.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Push ee and vu to 1 if u push it more then 1 they show u false fps..
(05-28-2013, 06:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: speedhacks cause false FPS readings, especially when you push EE cycle rate & VU cycle stealing that high
Since you are using software mode, you may need a CPU above 4.0 Ghz to make it work around full speed.

lower a bit ee cycle rate. it can slow the game down if pushed to high.
Thanks! that actually helped a lot. Do you think id be able to do hardware dx11 smoothly with my system? I don't mind the blotchy textures as long as it runs smoothly.
(05-28-2013, 06:50 PM)eb1243 Wrote: Thanks! that actually helped a lot. Do you think id be able to do hardware dx11 smoothly with my system? I don't mind the blotchy textures as long as it runs smoothly.

not all the time.
but hardware mode will give you better performances, for sure.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go