PCSX2 Running Very Slow, For A Decent Computer
So you guys are probably tired of people asking this question on your forums, but the threads that i have read have not helped me so far.

So basically i have a decent computer and my fps is very low 20 or even 10 at some moments.

Here are my specifications:
Processor: Intel Core i5-3230M 2.60 GHz (quad core)
8gb of ram
64 bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M
(if you need anymore requirements i will give them)

So the games i am trying the play are Ratchet and Clank Deadlock and Mortal Kombat Deception. The cut scenes and menus work perfectly but whenever I play my fps drops drastically.

NOTE: With all speed hacks, Direct X 11, and everything to its lowest setting my fps is still very low. Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

You're playing games that are out of your computer's league. R&C doesn't run well even on the best of PCs.

There will be quite a few PS2 games that will run great on your system, and a lot of others that won't. It really does depend on the games, even then there are other problems associated with using laptops for PCSX2 (heat and power management) so you may get worse results than a similarly specced PC.
[Image: 2748844.png]
A couple of things...laptops are not really all that great at gaming. Also laptops are prone to cpu throttling to prevent overheating, even if your computer is in high performance mode (a must have). Ratchet and Clank are extremely demanding on the cpu, and even an i5 with 2.6 ghz may not cut it. Not sure about Mortal Kombat. But try these things...
Download latest SVN version, go to GSdx plugin settings, and make sure you are using the Nvidia gpu in the adapter settings and not the Intel HD graphics. Also set your resolution to native to start and increase to x2 and up if you don't have loss of fps. Try the MTVU hack. Use EE timing and/or VU cycle stealing as needed. Even then, it may not be enough for Ratchet and Clank.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(07-14-2013, 04:57 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: A couple of things...laptops are not really all that great at gaming. Also laptops are prone to cpu throttling to prevent overheating, even if your computer is in high performance mode (a must have). Ratchet and Clank are extremely demanding on the cpu, and even an i5 with 2.6 ghz may not cut it. Not sure about Mortal Kombat. But try these things...
Download latest SVN version, go to GSdx plugin settings, and make sure you are using the Nvidia gpu in the adapter settings and not the Intel HD graphics. Also set your resolution to native to start and increase to x2 and up if you don't have loss of fps. Try the MTVU hack. Use EE timing and/or VU cycle stealing as needed. Even then, it may not be enough for Ratchet and Clank.

so pcsx2 is not perfect yet ?
if i5 @ 2.6ghz not cut it
i'm afraid not everyone have high end pcs & enough money to buy them !!
@op *look at my sig*
Keep in mind that EVEN if a laptop cpu runs on 2.6 ghz it is still slower then a desktop equivalent of 2.6 ghz Intel. Laptops are still inferior to desktops and I won't see that change anytime soon.
I have responded to the PM A LEGIT MANATEE (although I wonder what a non-legit manatee is. Perhaps just an otter? Tongue )
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

i wonder his video card is decent i think not..GT 730M maybe an "Early-entry" video card unless it's a gddr5 card and it can be decent.

next is laptop temperature. lets say running the emulator for 30mins and ~ may slowdown w/o a proper cooling fan.

finally if running in batteries and has only less than 50% of battery gauge your laptop is at the limit/gapped.