PCSX2 SDL problem
(04-30-2012, 01:58 AM)refraction Wrote: I wouldnt worry too much about using SDL, its implementation was really so linux users could use GSDX, but it was sorta put in there for windows users too, but you are probably better off with directx Smile

I've the slight feeling that nobody really listens here - I did not discuss about wether using SDL or DirectX. I only wonder why R-Type Final is not working with "SDL 1.3" or "DirectX9D (Software)".

Sponsored links

With regards to launching from Maximus Arcade, I don't use that software but I dug up where I got my launcher batch file from - check out the post here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CLI-Launcher
(04-30-2012, 07:10 AM)ClarkKent Wrote: I've the slight feeling that nobody really listens here - I did not discuss about wether using SDL or DirectX. I only wonder why R-Type Final is not working with "SDL 1.3" or "DirectX9D (Software)".

and my point was it probably wont work with SDL because it isnt designed for windows users. Im u nsure why it doesnt work with software mode either, but if it works fine with hardware you don't need to worry. Hardware is far better than software mode anyway!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-30-2012, 12:50 PM)refraction Wrote: and my point was it probably wont work with SDL because it isnt designed for windows users. Im u nsure why it doesnt work with software mode either, but if it works fine with hardware you don't need to worry. Hardware is far better than software mode anyway!

The manual claims software beeing more accurate then hardware...

I still wonder why R-Type Final does not work with the software setting. Maybe a programmer of PCSX2 could have a look at this for future version...
Generally software is yeh, so there possibly is a bug, but as long as it works in one mode (preferably hardware!) then we're happy ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

SDL is merely a wrapper around Direct3D9 or Opengl (for linux users) (actually there are others mode but that not important). For windows users, SDL only brings additional bug over the standard DX9/11 SW renderer of GSdx.
So I'm using "Direct3D9 (Software)" as standard renderer on my machine. But with the PCSX2-Launcher mentioned here I could start the not working "R-Type Final" with "Direct3D9 (Hardware)". If that works it's a good solution for me (at least until the problem with this game has been solved).

The only thing I really do not like is the interlace-problem. Some game look really really bad with interlace switched off and some do not work at all if switched on. I hope that there will be a better solution for this problem sometime in future...
i know, off topic, but is there any chance you could post a pic of your arcade setup? i'm curious to know what it looks like+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
Yea, this is a new crash bug in GSdx. Seeing if we can do smth about it.
(05-02-2012, 08:18 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: i know, off topic, but is there any chance you could post a pic of your arcade setup? i'm curious to know what it looks like+^_^+
It's not the newest one but here an old video of my system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp2-3BlofCc

I plan to do a new extended video within the next few months.