PCSX2 SLOW
Welcome to pcsx2, AMD user.

Firstly, you'll need a fair bit more than just 1.5GB of RAM. 2GB is a bit weak, I'd go for 4GB absolute minimum. And even that's not enough to get a lot of games at full speed. So 6GB+ RAM is good, although don't go for 16GB unless you're spending all your money, as it's usually overkill. 8GB should do you fine.

Secondly, the processor. You have a dual core. You should rarely ever get a dual core unless it's speed is world-beating. A 3GHz+ quad core will do the job pretty well, although I'd recommend 3.5GHz+ if you want all games to work at 3x/4x native @ 60FPS

The graphics card is decent for built in graphics, and 1GB is alright. That can stay unless you want to make games look like HD remakes, in which case pick up a new graphics card(ask around, I'm no expert on individual graphics card performance, but go for a 2GB one). It's probably better than Intel's poor integrated graphics, anyway.

Also, are you using a laptop? Or a desktop PC? Just curious.

If you're willing to spend money on a gaming pc, then that is almost indefinitely the best option. You'll definitely need to upgrade a bit if you're looking to play any ps2 games at full speed(if you did a cheap upgrade then you might get away with it with speedhacks and no fancy options).

EDIT: If you wanted to, you could tinker around and possibly get 30FPS on one or two games with all available speedhacks and similar stuff.

Sponsored links

@TheMrIron2, Please don't provide incorrect information about the system specifications required for PCSX2. PCSX2 uses about 500mb of RAM on average and only sometimes needs more, like in the case of the Snowblind games. Modern Intel dual-core processors are also fine for PCSX2. Even at stock speeds, the Pentium G3258 is more than capable of running 90% of games at or very close to full speed
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Ram doesn't bother pcsx2 much at all. I even managed to play most games on my 1gb ram C2D but, it's advisable to increase your ram capacity if, you're getting a new processor.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hey Guys I am thinking to buy a new PC :3 so i am posting the possible specs here is it ok ??? you guys can recommend me :#
http://ark.intel.com/products/77480/Inte...e-3_40-GHz
i am thinking to buy this processor will it be good for pcsx2 ???
yeah, that processor will be pretty fine for pcsx2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-30-2015, 09:37 AM)ssakash Wrote: yeah, that processor will be pretty fine for pcsx2.

what do you mean by pretty fine Ohmy i want like 60fps
Yeah, it can get above 60 fps on most games easily. but, it will be hard to play games like SOTC, R&C in that processor. SOTC doesn't get constant 60 fps even on most I7's. R&C needs more virtual threads for software mode which the processor lacks. but, it can still play about 80-90% of ps2 games in constant 60 fps.
- Refraction
(03-30-2015, 09:48 AM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, it can get above 60 fps on most games easily. but, it will be hard to play games like SOTC, R&C in that processor. SOTC doesn't get constant 60 fps even on most I7's. R&C needs more virtual threads for software mode which the processor lacks. but, it can still play about 80-90% of ps2 games in constant 60 fps.

how much approx i will get with my IGPU ??? is it 60fps with IGPU or external graphic card ???
read the other thread, I mentioned it there. let's continue the discussion over there and forget about this thread. Tongue2
- Refraction