PCSX2 Slower in Windows 7 than Windows 8
I have a question.

I had installed Windows 8.1 on my laptop (Core i3-3120 @ 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000) and was running PCSX2 1.1.0 r5366 but had to reinstall it due to some strange error, so I decided to install Windows 7 instead.

The thing is, that, when I was running pcsx2 on W8, playing FFXII, everything was running smoothly, and I mean SMOOTHLY, no lag whatsoever anywhere. Constant 55-60 fps

Now that I installed Windows 7 SP1, FFXII has a HUGE lag in the Equip Menu and Quickenings.

I have exactly the same settings on both settings since I copied all files and memory card states.

I'm using GSdx 5209 AVX plugin with Direct3D11 Hardware and tried removing 8 bit textures with no success. In W8, 8bit textures was enabled.

Any ideas?

Sponsored links

make sure your power plan in windows 7 is set to High Performance, this one trips laptop owners up quite often.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I checked that too, but even in High Performance, I still have that annoying lag......

Getting frustrated!!!!

Thanks for the reply!
have you made sure your graphics drivers are up to date with the intel driver utility here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

also make sure all your other settings are the same like speedhacks etc.

As for GSDX, check if that's set to "Native" resolution or not, because it will probably perform better with that ticked.

I'll give it a shot with new drivers and I'll post later.....as for GSDX, native is checked.....thanks!
(01-14-2014, 06:24 PM)refraction Wrote: have you made sure your graphics drivers are up to date with the intel driver utility here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Apparently, the driver that Toshiba offers in its website is not as updated as the one in the Intel Website, problem solved!!!!

Thanks!!!
No problems Smile I figured that would be the case. Always go to the source if you know the manufacturer of the chip, failing that you fall back on the provider of the system Smile

I dont know if its just because Ive upgraded to a newer system but Windows 8 just feels so much snappier, shame really that everything good about it overshadowed by the lack of the old style Start button.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

Thread problem is solved. To avoid an off topic discussion, I'll now close it Smile
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD