PCSX2 Sound problems?
I'm back again after a long while, finally my friend decided to help me re-dump the ISO again~ ^W^
Now I could start the game and play without much lagging, but the problem is that the volume of the sound keeps fade in and out in the game, sometimes I can't even hear what they were saying and miss the sentence. Is there any configuration that I could change to help this situation, it is quite annoying trying to keep my ear close to the speakers...

Sponsored links

What's the SPU plugin you using and its settings?
Phenom X3 8750 @3.105GHz | ASUS M3A78-EM | 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 (@900) | HD 4870 @800/975 | SunbeamTech 680W | Windows 7 RC x64/Ubuntu 9.04 x86
It's an issue in general with the sound plugins. It's being worked on, but it's not that high of a priority.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(08-17-2009, 10:57 PM)JerichoKru Wrote: What's the SPU plugin you using and its settings?

I'm using P.E.Op.S.SPU2 1.9.0 for sound config.
I can't seems to use the other sound plugin, because the sound will lag. This is the one that works on time with the graphics at normal speed.
I didn't change the plugin configuration, so the settings are:

general settings:
volume- 2 medium
reverb- 0 No reverb (fastest)
Interpolation- 2 Gaussian interpolation (good quality)

Misc:
All options are unchecked.
SPU2-X is way better in sound quality than any other SPU2 plugin at this time (especially PeOps). It also has correct volumes but it will be slower than PeoPs.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-18-2009, 07:57 AM)Bositman Wrote: SPU2-X is way better in sound quality than any other SPU2 plugin at this time (especially PeOps). It also has correct volumes but it will be slower than PeoPs.

*sighs* I guess I'll have to stuck with PeOps for the time being, the other plugin sound are really really slow, that the characters are speaking as if they're dragging. Thanks for the help, guys, I'll just have to stick with it with my ears on alert~
Yes unfortunatelly with your PC most of the things running will be slow so the other SPU plugins trying to sync to the speed will not sound so good, the way you have it currently will be better sound but out of sync (but actually runs slower than other plugins). Try enabling speedhacks and updating your PCSX2/plugins to get better speed so the others Sound plugins might sound faster.

Might be good if you tell us your computer specs and PCSX2 settings so we can help you better with speed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
You can also try using SPU2-X and disable timestretching, it'll stop the music from slowing down at the cost of the occasional stutter. It's really picking your poison on which method you prefer.