PCSX2 Stopped recognizing controller inputs
So a few months back my controller stopped being recognized by pcsx2 for seemingly no reason. Whenever I try to test it through lilypad I get "?" on every input. I tried the other plugins however both responded in the same way. This didn't happen before and I didn't change anything that I know about to cause this. I tried different USB ports as well however I don't own a second controller to test with. The controller works perfectly in other games but just doesn't seem to do anything in PCSX2. I tried using direct input as well as messenger however both had the same result. Any advice? Thanks.

Sponsored links

which controller ? make sure you have the required drivers to use it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
A PowerA ProEX ps3 controller, I do have the updated drivers.
try giving the latest pcsx2 development builds from here a shot.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
No change, although I did find this in the command line window thing

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\PURPLEGILL10\Desktop\Exvee\pcsx2-v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Path: C:\Users\PURPLEGILL10\Desktop\Exvee\pcsx2-v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\PURPLEGILL10\Desktop\Exvee\pcsx2-v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\PURPLEGILL10\Desktop\Exvee\pcsx2-v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f-windows-x86\plugins\GSdx32-AVX2.dll' (error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d)
Path: C:\Users\PURPLEGILL10\Desktop\Exvee\pcsx2-v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f-windows-x86\plugins\GSdx32-AVX2.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\PURPLEGILL10\Desktop\Exvee\pcsx2-v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f-windows-x86\plugins\GSdx32-AVX2.dll

Thanks for your help so far
nah, that just shows that your processor doesn't support the specific instruction set. it' not related to the controller problem. I'm not sure on why it doesn't detect the controller if, it had detected it before.
- Refraction
Thanks anyways for your help, is there anything else I can do?
providing a screenshot of your lilypad settings will help a bit. and, what were the recent controller related activities before pcsx2 stopped recognizing the controller ?
- Refraction
I wasn't sure how to post images, but here they are. The first shows the settings and the second includes the controller test http://imgur.com/a/N0T5k
Uhm, you can try and use SCP Server, it may or may not help.
You can also try using xpadder; you would setup lilypad to use the keyboard, and in xpadder you would set those same keypresses to the gamepad buttons, I think... not exactly sure since I don't use xpadder, but it could help.