PCSX2 Strange CPU Usage Reading
You're right, Larfin_Man, but the time I checked was before the original poster of that thread posted his topic, July 27th. This poster posted in August 10th. I guess I should have stated that the interval between when I checked the first few times and when I posted my thread has been a bit of time, thus giving rise to possible other topics. Anyway thanks for giving more insight!

Sponsored links

(08-13-2009, 04:57 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: Searching the forum usually helps.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9184-post...l#pid68867

So, did my method work for you, Larfin_Man? The AMD Dual Core Optimizer Version 1.4 by itself does nothing. But whether it requires the Microsoft software to work in conjunction is still a mystery. The only way to tell that is by doing another clean install and only installing the Microsoft software, as uninstalling programs still leaves some files in the registry in most cases, that I would have to manually seek and destroy.
All I did was install that link from Refraction, leading to the AMD Dual Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 and that worked fine. I don't have that windows update you linked, so I guess it's not needed.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(08-14-2009, 04:37 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: All I did was install that link from Refraction, leading to the AMD Dual Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 and that worked fine. I don't have that windows update you linked, so I guess it's not needed.

Oh ok, thats because you have an AMD Processor, whereas I'm on Intel. So mystery solved.
AMD sux. ;o
-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale @ 3.6Ghz w/ Xigmatek Dark Knight
-GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
-KINGSTON (3 x 1GB) HyperX
-MSI N9800GT 512MB
(08-14-2009, 10:10 PM)OhNoez Wrote: AMD sux. ;o

not true, my phenom II x2 550 BE overclocked to 3.8 eats your E8400 @ 3.6 alive, check some benchmark tests ;] Also its cheeper and you can unlock additional 2 cores, making it 4 cores processor, and its 50$ cheeper than E8400 Tongue Enjoy your overpriced hyped intel processor ^_^

P.S. Dont make Z̵̟̺͙̫̮͓̦̗̻̤̏ͫ́̀̔͗ͥ̓͑ͣ͒̈́̅ͤ͐̌̈̓̕͜͡ͅȀ̸̴̟̦̼̼̯͈ͧ̃̎̓̚L̈̎ͤͭͨͫ͆̆̓̒ͭ̄͑ͩ̐̊́̈͟͏̭̙̬̱͇͙̣̫G̛ͬ͌̆̔͟͢͝͏͖͉̳̯̭̥̲̭̝͙̘̝̜̘̟̹̬ͅÔ̟̝̟̠͈̾̑͒ͯ̍̈̕͟!̡̟͓̙̱̥͍̮̙̱͕̣̞̒̈͋ͬ̇͂ͧ̀ͭͯ̓̄ͦ͆͊̈̚͘ͅ angry. Tongue
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(08-14-2009, 10:15 PM)nataq01 Wrote:
(08-14-2009, 10:10 PM)OhNoez Wrote: AMD sux. ;o

not true, my phenom II x2 550 BE overclocked to 3.8 eats your E8400 @ 3.6 alive, check some benchmark tests ;] Also its cheeper and you can unlock additional 2 cores, making it 4 cores processor, and its 50$ cheeper than E8400 Tongue Enjoy your overpriced hyped intel processor ^_^

P.S. Dont make Z̵̟̺͙̫̮͓̦̗̻̤̏ͫ́̀̔͗ͥ̓͑ͣ͒̈́̅ͤ͐̌̈̓̕͜͡ͅȀ̸̴̟̦̼̼̯͈ͧ̃̎̓̚L̈̎ͤͭͨͫ͆̆̓̒ͭ̄͑ͩ̐̊́̈͟͏̭̙̬̱͇͙̣̫G̛ͬ͌̆̔͟͢͝͏͖͉̳̯̭̥̲̭̝͙̘̝̜̘̟̹̬ͅÔ̟̝̟̠͈̾̑͒ͯ̍̈̕͟!̡̟͓̙̱̥͍̮̙̱͕̣̞̒̈͋ͬ̇͂ͧ̀ͭͯ̓̄ͦ͆͊̈̚͘ͅ angry. Tongue

Rofl...for multitasking maybe. E8400 has 6mb l2 cache while ur cpu has like 1mb right?

And the E8400 has a bunch of other features that just blow your processor outta the water when it comes to gaming performance. Get real. Laugh
-GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
-MSI N9800GT 512MB
you should have actualy go and look for some tests in which you can see how your and mine CPU performs instead of. Phenom II 550 at stock speeds is competetive with your CPU. When overclocked its faster in gaming.

also your CPU dont have any L3, my have 6mb of L3 Tongue

still i know that E8400 is a bit faster ( when both use only 2 cores ) ( but not that much ), my point is Phenom II 550 is just slightly slower, when overclocked its faster than E8400 ( unless you manage to overclock it more than phenom, and Black Editions are realy easy to overclock ), you can turn it into 4 core processor with ease and its MUCH cheeper than E8400 Tongue So, after tweaking phenom 550 it gets as fast as phenom II 955 and thats MUCH faster than yours ( and still 50$ cheeper ).

also, your fanboism disturbs the ͬ͘Z̶̲̠̻̳ͨ́͋̂ͬͥ̃A͈ͥ̊͛Ĺ̵̮̪ͨ̑ͥ̒G̣̯̠͓̊ͮ̍͑̎O͙̦̯͐!̗͙̱͍͖͋̀ͅ ;]
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(08-14-2009, 11:28 PM)nataq01 Wrote: you should have actualy go and look for some tests in which you can see how your and mine CPU performs instead of. Phenom II 550 at stock speeds is competetive with your CPU. When overclocked its faster in gaming.

also your CPU dont have any L3, my have 6mb of L3 Tongue

still i know that E8400 is a bit faster ( when both use only 2 cores ) ( but not that much ), my point is Phenom II 550 is just slightly slower, when overclocked its faster than E8400 ( unless you manage to overclock it more than phenom, and Black Editions are realy easy to overclock ), you can turn it into 4 core processor with ease and its MUCH cheeper than E8400 Tongue So, after tweaking phenom 550 it gets as fast as phenom II 955 and thats MUCH faster than yours ( and still 50$ cheeper ).

also, your fanboism disturbs the ͬ͘Z̶̲̠̻̳ͨ́͋̂ͬͥ̃A͈ͥ̊͛Ĺ̵̮̪ͨ̑ͥ̒G̣̯̠͓̊ͮ̍͑̎O͙̦̯͐!̗͙̱͍͖͋̀ͅ ;]

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about...L3 cache is slower than L2. And of course the quad will perform better in BENCHMARK tests. But it does not perform better in games.

The only benefit of four cores is if someone is doing cpu intensive work like 3d modeling, video editing or something. A gamer would benefit more from something like an E8400.

Continue to game on your slow processor w/ two low quality unlocked cores and think it's better. Noone cares about benchmarks. hahaha

Really, the thing is $100 for a reason. Ask anyone who knows what they are talking about.
-GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
-MSI N9800GT 512MB
Oh common. The original topic was about the strange readings. This doesn't correspond to bad processors, and even if that were the case neither Intel nor AMD sucks (It's the fact that they are multiple core processors with speedstepping technology that causes the main issue, the software helps to keep them in sync). There MUST be a reason that people are buying from either major companies, not because of the hype, but obviously because of prreferences. But anyway AMD doesn't suck and neither does Intel. My old desktop runs on an AMD processor, and my current laptop Intel processor all goes to show they are nice.