PCSX2 Ver 0.9.9.5068 - DBZ Games Tested

So this is a video which I created, which shows you how to get maximum performance and how it does in DBZ games, please take note that performance may not always increase as significantly as it does in these games and that you still need a pretty decent PC.

EDIT: For a little more performance, I find that if you set the program priority to high then you get better FPS.

Sponsored links

For dbz games(Budokai Tenkaichi), best to use this configuration :-
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks : All the Reccomended ones and EE Cyclerate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
  • Use Native Resolution : only if you graphics card is slow.
  • Use Frameskip : 1 to draw and 2 to skip. or maybe higher
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important

Don't know but a revision higher than r5045 or somewhat, There is a graphics bug in dbz bt 3 NTSC Version which makes it a bit un-viewable.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(01-18-2012, 03:30 AM)voids Wrote: I find that if you set the program priority to high then you get better FPS.

are you using 0.9.4 or 0.9.6

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-18-2012, 01:18 PM)recoder Wrote: For dbz games(Budokai Tenkaichi), best to use this configuration :-
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks : All the Reccomended ones and EE Cyclerate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
  • Use Native Resolution : only if you graphics card is slow.
  • Use Frameskip : 1 to draw and 2 to skip. or maybe higher
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important

Don't know but a revision higher than r5045 or somewhat, There is a graphics bug in dbz bt 3 NTSC Version which makes it a bit un-viewable.

For EE cycle I put it to the full 3 and I don't touch VU cycle stealing, as for the most part VU doesn't go that high in games maybe 35~45 max, EE on the 3rd setting never goes above 40 either. now and I can record at a constant 60FPS

I use the Pal Version of BT3 which I backed up from my actual game, due to the disc causing lag on the 0.9.8 build. I don't see the point in frame skip at this time maybe better if you have a somewhat oldish pc. For speed hacks I select 2 on the left and all on the right.

Been playing around loads lol. Will have to test B3 as it is a hog... doing worse than BT3 and B1. Though I have to say this version is absolutely brilliant.

Edit: Tested Budokai 3, works great Laugh results= EE 39%, GS 31%, VU 30% FPS = 50 (PAL)
(01-18-2012, 01:58 PM)tallbender Wrote: are you using 0.9.4 or 0.9.6

No, I should clarify what I meant, I apologise for not being clear. I meant through task manager.
EE Cyclerate to 3 causes the health bar to flicker in fights. (NTSC Version).

Although My Pc is able to handle 60 fps quite easily, but frame skipping is reccomended for older graphics card.

I personally use Frameskip, because it makes the graphics much faster and feels like a Real Dragon Ball Z Fight is going on. With this i can get upto 83.94 fps.

And the Clamp and Round mode changes are better for dbz games as they don't hang and bring up a quite a big speedup. Also, when you say you will get good speed, you need to take care for a bit older CPU and GPU.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(01-18-2012, 04:59 PM)recoder Wrote: EE Cyclerate to 3 causes the health bar to flicker in fights. (NTSC Version).

Although My Pc is able to handle 60 fps quite easily, but frame skipping is reccomended for older graphics card.

I personally use Frameskip, because it makes the graphics much faster and feels like a Real Dragon Ball Z Fight is going on. With this i can get upto 83.94 fps.

And the Clamp and Round mode changes are better for dbz games as they don't hang and bring up a quite a big speedup. Also, when you say you will get good speed, you need to take care for a bit older CPU and GPU.

Im using pal versions so for me it is good Tongue but yes you are correct for ntsc version. The VU put up to 1 slows down budokai 3, given you a false reading, I just put it back to 0