PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(05-14-2013, 10:39 AM)xhaydenx Wrote: I just wanted to report something. Not sure if this is known or not, but I was playing Sly Cooper 1 and having cheats enabled breaks the game. There are certain things in that game that simply break. I read on the net that another person was having this problem and the developers of the game told him that it was because he was using Gameshark.

I've tried it without the widescreen patch and not having cheats enabled and so far its working fine. So, is there any other way to apply the widescreen patch other than just putting it in the cheats folder?

thanks.

You could be more specific. What "breaks" the game? Does it just not load? Are there graphical glitches?

Sponsored links

(05-14-2013, 06:02 PM)devina40 Wrote: You could be more specific. What "breaks" the game? Does it just not load? Are there graphical glitches?

Ah sorry. Well, in the game you are supposed to press circle to hook into ropes and stuff. That stops working completely at random. And in the second level you get this key, but it doesn't open the door its supposed to, preventing you from playing any further.

Here's a link to a forum where its being discussed: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3985/t13...-problems/

The problems I encountered are identical to those described in the first post. Gameshark was identified as being the cause.

Also, as I said, starting from scratch without the widescreen patch has had it working for me. The annoying thing is with the way the game saves, you can't just turn off the patch when you hit a problem area. Like, with the key not working problem, as soon as I got that key it saved.
Hey guys I finally got around to testing out the recently updated Grandia II pnaches by both nemesis2000 and ElHecht.

Both patches put the game into beautiful widescreen but unfortunately both cause the game to freeze only minutes after the opening of the game - right before you are given control of Ryudo for the first time.

I tried the codes out on both real hardware (elf mod) and PCSX2 (pnach) with identical results.

Thanks for all your hard work everyone!
(05-15-2013, 03:22 AM)xhaydenx Wrote: Ah sorry. Well, in the game you are supposed to press circle to hook into ropes and stuff. That stops working completely at random. And in the second level you get this key, but it doesn't open the door its supposed to, preventing you from playing any further.

Here's a link to a forum where its being discussed: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3985/t13...-problems/

The problems I encountered are identical to those described in the first post. Gameshark was identified as being the cause.

Also, as I said, starting from scratch without the widescreen patch has had it working for me. The annoying thing is with the way the game saves, you can't just turn off the patch when you hit a problem area. Like, with the key not working problem, as soon as I got that key it saved.

So basically, button prompts aren't working. Have you tried updating PCSX2 to the newest revision? What region of the game is this? I have NTSC-U Sly Cooper 1, so if you upload a save in a forum post, I can check it out.

(05-15-2013, 05:25 AM)jmjohnson85 Wrote: Hey guys I finally got around to testing out the recently updated Grandia II pnaches by both nemesis2000 and ElHecht.

Both patches put the game into beautiful widescreen but unfortunately both cause the game to freeze only minutes after the opening of the game - right before you are given control of Ryudo for the first time.

I tried the codes out on both real hardware (elf mod) and PCSX2 (pnach) with identical results.

Update PCSX2 to newest revision, see if it fixes it, tell me the region of the game.
I can go check it out.
(05-15-2013, 06:44 AM)devina40 Wrote: So basically, button prompts aren't working. Have you tried updating PCSX2 to the newest revision? What region of the game is this? I have NTSC-U Sly Cooper 1, so if you upload a save in a forum post, I can check it out.

Update PCSX2 to newest revision, see if it fixes it, tell me the region of the game.
I can go check it out.

Yeah, its not just button prompts though. Cutscenes that need to play in order to advance the game don't work either.

The region of the game is NTSC.

I don't have a save state for it because I've restarted from scratch without the widescreen patch. If you want to see for yourself, just rush through the first 10-15 mins of the game.

There's a gate in the first real level. You have to hook onto a ring to get over it. Sometimes it works. A little after that there's a key you can't miss, but it won't let you unlock the door. the cutscene just won't play.

I tried to upload a save state but it just times out.
(05-14-2013, 12:42 PM)El_Patas Wrote: Is fixed better, but seems still not perfect, seems the second value
controls a zoom, i'm not sure, if anybody more expert can take a lok at it the better.

Here is an updated pnach file, this one matches the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Shin Megami Tensei - Lucifers Call (PAL-M3) (SLES-53363) [attachment=44222]
(05-15-2013, 06:44 AM)devina40 Wrote: Update PCSX2 to newest revision, see if it fixes it, tell me the region of the game.
I can go check it out.

I downloaded and installed pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-setup.exe and am playing Grandia II [NTSC-U] [SLUS-20194]. Thanks devina40

Edit:
I just tried r5627 - same problem.
(05-15-2013, 05:25 AM)jmjohnson85 Wrote: Hey guys I finally got around to testing out the recently updated Grandia II pnaches by both nemesis2000 and ElHecht.

I just tested it and can confirm that it freezes in the beginning of the game right before you get control of Ryudo.
Hi guys! First of all, thank you all for these pnaches that make PS2 games really comfortable and great to play - for me on real hardware.

I'm having an hard time - and now a big haedache Laugh - trying to port nemesis2000's God of War pnach from NTSC-U to PAL. I tried both devina40 and pelvicthrustman ways to port, without any sucess. Sad

I attached the SCUS & SCES files, and the pnach I used (from an old version of the archive, using the "old value" mentionned in it, newer version have too many adresses ad too many values to change), if someone can take a look at it, it would be cool. Thanks.
(05-15-2013, 09:55 AM)ElHecht Wrote: Here is an updated pnach file, this one matches the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Shin Megami Tensei - Lucifers Call (PAL-M3) (SLES-53363)

Sorry but it do not matches, you checked it? with your values now
it takes too many area, character too many slim.

Regards.