PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(01-22-2015, 12:47 AM)Vahkiti Wrote: Alright, so after... extensive testing, I have found that the patch for Ratchet & Clank Going Commando for some reason does not work on original hardware, even when applied directly to the game iso. It works fine in PCSX2 however, so I'm not quite sure what the issue is here. Wacko

EDIT: The same seems to apply to the patch for Up Your Arsenal. Furthermore, direct iso application apparently just doesn't work at all.

The Ratchet games patches do work on real hardware, I just tested them. If you're applying the patches properly it's probably the master codes that do not work. I used the following master codes and had no problems:

Ratchet & Clank - Going Commando /ID SCUS_972.68
90128AD0 0C0454F5

Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal /ID SCUS_973.53
9012F420 00832021

Ratchet Deadlocked /ID SCUS_974.65
9013BA48 00832021

---

We are still missing patches for the Unreal Engine 1 games, which is a pity since they are pretty good games (at least two of them Smile).
I made several attempts but unfortunately never succeeded:

Deus Ex - The Conspiracy (SLUS-20111)
Unreal Tournament (SLUS-20034)
Rune - Viking Warlord (SLUS-20109)

@arapapa: Since you're doing such a great job pumping out all these patches, would you mind taking a look at them?

Sponsored links

Some pnachs which i made:

Dino Stalker (PAL)

Enter the Matrix (PAL)

Pink Pong (PAL)

Rogue Galaxy (PAL)
Updated with Black border and FMV fixes.

I would like request the widescreen for this games please, thank you: Smile

Men in Black II: Alien Escape
Rally Fusion: Race of Champions
Toy Story 3
L.A. Rush

Best regards.

Attached Files
.rar   El_PatasWide_PS2.rar (Size: 1,63 KB / Downloads: 250)
*El_Patas managed to port Rogue Galaxy codes!*
El_Patas got 542 exp!
He got a bonus of Reputation stat +1!
Obtained: Patat... Potatoes x3!
PS2 V9 Aquablue
- SCART RGB cable (with CSYNC) from retrogamingcables.co.uk
- Monster Cable Component (with audio)
- 2x wireless gamepads (Logitech)
- ARMAX with USB Key used for homebrew and saves transfert
- FreeMCBoot -> GSM, OPL, PS2rdMod (WS patching for retail games)
Soul Reaver 2 FMV aspect ratio fix

Original 4:3

Current 16:9 Hack

Modified 16:9 Hack

My bad on screwing this up in the first place.

---

Suggestion for Bujingai - The Forsaken City SLUS_208.95

Original 4:3

Current 16:9 Hack

Modified 16:9 Hack (commented out 'zoom' code)

The 'zoom' code changes the default zoom and appears to be a mod, not part of the widescreen code

Attached Files
.pnach   1771BFE4.pnach (Size: 618 bytes / Downloads: 298)
.pnach   521D40D2.pnach (Size: 255 bytes / Downloads: 322)
(01-27-2015, 12:41 AM)Z_Boy Wrote: *El_Patas managed to port Rogue Galaxy codes!*
El_Patas got 542 exp!
He got a bonus of Reputation stat +1!
Obtained: Patat... Potatoes x3!

You are welcome! i like potatoes Smile

Best regards.
I'm trying to use the FFXII widescreen patch, but to no avail. I'm the IZJS patch, though the ISO I'm using has the english patch (potentially what's causing it?). I've tried both the native 4:3 and 16:9 modes (forced into 16:9 regardless of course), but the patch seems to have no effect. Interestingly the console tells me "(Wide Screen Cheats DB) Patches Loaded: 3" (I have 3 patches in my folder).

Anybody have any idea what the issue could be? I could provide screenshots if necessary.
(01-25-2015, 07:30 PM)No.47 Wrote: The Ratchet games patches do work on real hardware, I just tested them. If you're applying the patches properly it's probably the master codes that do not work. I used the following master codes and had no problems...

Well the good news is, it works. ...On a new file. When I load up my current file however, the built in widescreen is set to on, even if I resave the file with it turned off. With the patch turned on, it will not let me turn it back off from the menu. It just flips from on, to off, and back on again, temporarily messes up the UI, and then proceeds to do absolutely nothing in game. Do I really have to start a whole new file just to make this work throughout the game? O-o
Where could I go to request an official edit to a .pnach file? The .pnach file nemesis2000 submitted for FFXII IZJS is based on the English patch of the game, not the original Japanese version. ffgriever's English patch for IZJS modifies the .elf file so the 'CRC' that PCSX2 reports is different for both versions of the game. As such, his 1E7A88A7.pnach only gets applied to the English-patched version of IZJS, but not the original IZJS.

My request would be for the first comment on 1E7A88A7.pnach to be changed so it mentions the fact that the cheat is for the English patch.

I also request someone make a copy of 1E7A88A7.pnach, rename it E20A9B0A.pnach and include it in the cheats_ws.zip that's included with every build of PCSX2 so that people playing the original game without the English patch get to enjoy nemesis2000's awesome widescreen patch. Smile

---EDIT---
I'd like to add that I've seen another 'CRC' for IZJS floating around the forums and I think that it should be looked into so that a widescreen patch can be added for it. A possible explanation for the different 'CRC' could be that they were using an image that was patched using an old version of ffgriever's English patch. The reason I believe this to be the case is because of this post from Burnstien (a user with this different 'CRC'), stating that his version was in English:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid147146

Here's a list of the people I've seen showing this other 'CRC':
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Sud...ously-fast
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid147130
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Sud...ously-fast
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXII-ZJS...#pid162893

I will see if I can track down old versions of the English patch and I will patch my IZJS with these to see if I can get that 'CRC' to appear. I'll report back!
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(02-02-2015, 07:39 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: Where could I go to request an official edit to a .pnach file? The .pnach file nemesis2000 submitted for FFXII IZJS is based on the English patch of the game, not the original Japanese version. ffgriever's English patch for IZJS modifies the .elf file so the 'CRC' that PCSX2 reports is different for both versions of the game. As such, his 1E7A88A7.pnach only gets applied to the English-patched version of IZJS, but not the original IZJS.

My request would be for the first comment on 1E7A88A7.pnach to be changed so it mentions the fact that the cheat is for the English patch.

Done. Smile
Cool, thanks. Did you also add a .pnach for the 'CRC' corresponding to the unpatched version of the game to the archive?

And for future reference, what's the correct way of requesting changes like this? Is there a provision in GitHub for it?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU