PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Been playing the game with the mod, so far, so good!
It even removes the blue filter in Lost in Nightmares.

I think the mod stops working during the chapter 4-2, "Pyramid":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfNIUUxJmj8

Haven't played any further yet.

Do you know if it's possible to make it SweetFX compatible? I wouldn't mind a little boost in saturation.

Sponsored links

Can't find any working save file and don't have much time to play the game,but you can try fix it youself. it's not so hard
http://helixmod.blogspot.ru/2012/04/how-...-game.html
http://helixmod.wikispot.org/makeyourself
regarding sweetfx compatibility here injector version of mod.
instalation the same but you need run HeliXmodLauncher.exe before the game

.zip   re5 inj.zip (Size: 337,61 KB / Downloads: 318)
Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia. Help, please. The problem as the previous player - black screen. Graphics card Radeon HD 4500/5100. I understand that it is old, but until gold updates with enb played well. Maybe there is some way to help my problem?
^ The guy who made the ENB mod for RE5 refuses to update it because he has an attitude, so sergx is our only hope right now. I would suggest doing a fresh install (do NOT install ENB).

(04-01-2015, 05:37 AM)sergx12 Wrote: Can't find any working save file and don't have much time to play the game,but you can try fix it youself. it's not so hard
http://helixmod.blogspot.ru/2012/04/how-...-game.html
http://helixmod.wikispot.org/makeyourself
regarding sweetfx compatibility here injector version of mod.
instalation the same but you need run HeliXmodLauncher.exe before the game

I tried to isolate the filter, but couldn't find it. You're better at this than I am.

Since RE5 is on Steamworks now, sending you a Cloud storage save would mess it up.
It isn't too difficult to breeze through RE5, it's a fun game and you can play it on Easy mode.
It shouldn't take more than 10 hours.

The filter seems to break in these areas:

4-2: Entire Pyramid section
5-1: Spider boss (end of level)
5-3: Flickers on and off during the Jill/Wesker fight.
6-1: Outside ship area
6-2: Outside ship area
6-3: Wesker fight, third floor
Lost in Nightmares: The filter seems to spazz out when confronting Wesker near the end.
(04-01-2015, 08:22 AM)Devina Wrote: I tried to isolate the filter, but couldn't find it.
because so called filter it's a bunch of presets
each of them has at least 13 values, that must be manually adjusted
some cutscenes uses one of presets, some others

zero preset
[Image: 10926e58523e.jpg]

default preset
[Image: c9f704025932.jpg]

zero preset
[Image: 58410a519416.jpg]

default preset
[Image: 544c8de01031.jpg]
I don't get why all these people hate and are so eager to remove the color filter of RE5 from the game, I believe it's perfectly fitting, it looks good even though I usualy hate color filters and post-processing filters in general. You literaly kill the whole feeling of the game because it changes the temperature and the lightning that the setting intended to have, simmilarly like looking a movie that has a color filter in post-production to make it look temperature/lighting appropriate so it would make sense in the movie and then watching the making of the movie without those filters and feeling alienated by the completely different colors and unfitting lighting. When I see footage of RE5 without that distinctive filter it looks like I watch raw footage takes from the making of what would be "RE5 the movie".
(04-01-2015, 11:32 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I don't get why all these people hate and are so eager to remove the color filter of RE5 from the game, I believe it's perfectly fitting, it looks good even though I usualy hate color filters and post-processing filters in general. You literaly kill the whole feeling of the game because it changes the temperature and the lightning that the setting intended to have, simmilarly like looking a movie that has a color filter in post-production to make it look temperature/lighting appropriate so it would make sense in the movie and then watching the making of the movie without those filters and feeling alienated by the completely different colors and unfitting lighting. When I see footage of RE5 without that distinctive filter it looks like I watch raw footage takes from the making of what would be "RE5 the movie".

It distorts the original colors too much and imo, it's way too strong.
Also, it's not necessarily true that the setting was intended to look like the final version. I doubt whoever made the blue sky and red tomatoes intended a green sky and brown tomatoes.

RE5 is just another victim of the "next gen, dudebro, bleak and brown and muddy color shooter" trend.

They should have at least made it optional.
Alright, I think I got the filter fully off. Smile
It seems the game has 2 filters that must be disabled.
If anyone encounters any issues, notify me.
Credit goes to sergx12.
(04-02-2015, 02:15 AM)Devina Wrote: If anyone encounters any issues, notify me.
The only issue is that it shows me black screen Biggrin
so request some screens

P.S. also my results

before

after

(04-02-2015, 02:40 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: The only issue is that it shows me black screen Biggrin

Got an AMD card?
I think AMD users may have to make their own separate mod - maybe because the game loads different pixel shaders. In that case, follow the tutorial.

For GeForce, I went to chapter 1-1. I disabled pixel shader.... around 54, which looked like a blue-white gradient, and disabled it. Then go to chapter 6-2 and look for another pixel shader which looks like it could be the filter.

Do you know when you can release the letterbox fix, Nemesis?
I'd love to do a second playthrough and test it.