PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Just updated TMHOETE's widescreen pnach and got around to taking comparison screenshots Smile!

Pnach:
  • Twisted Metal - Head-On [Extra Twisted Edition] (NTSC-U) [SCUS-97621] [3DC2FE45]
    .pnach   3DC2FE45.pnach (Size: 2,33 KB / Downloads: 536)

Changelog:
  • Revised 1 player FOV hacks for more accurate viewport sizes and better stability.
  • Added X FOV hacks for Sweet Tour mode.
  • Added X FOV hacks for Twisted Metal: Head-On's 1 player story mode (Twisted Metal: Lost's story mode was unaffected).

What's missing (updated):
  • Weapon HUD's rotating weapon logos need to be repositioned rightwards to center them properly.
  • Sprite widths (e.g. pickup glow effects, etc...) need to be decreased.
  • 2D text needs to be thinned out.
  • Left and right-aligned 2D text (especially inside HUDs) need to be repositioned.
  • A fix needs to be implemented to prevent radar coordinate dots from overflowing beyond the radar circle.
  • Widths of moving enemy health bars/arrows need to be decreased.
  • FMVs need to be resized.

Note:
  • I'd highly recommend sticking with PCSX2 SVN R5403 or lower for this game. Graphical glitches (especially broken shadows) always appear in R5404 and higher. Git versions of PCSX2 are impacted as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

That's awesome. Pretty much what I wanted Smile.

On a different note I am also now looking at this Naruto game, it appears to have a really good fighting mode and an interesting looking story mode even. I have not yet started to even try and make it widescreen yet.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2XCDM2z2kY
Hey everyone~ Smile

I'm kind of new here (only have been stalking the forums thus far and not actually participating lol), but I need some help right now with a little something~

I've been trying to make a widescreen patch for Amplitude (kinda new to this), and so far I think I've managed to do it:

[Image: P89NNNI.jpg]

However, the addresses that I modified only work for this instance of gameplay. In other words, as soon as I exit from this song...

[Image: vES8V1O.png]

They no longer control the same variable, and any widescreen effects simply revert back to 4:3. It wouldn't have the same address either if you replay the same song, unless you happen to have a savestate to load from (which I do), but even then, it would only be valid for that ONE SONG only...

So where do I go from here? :\

(also, I hope this is the right thread to post this on...)

EDIT
After messing around a bit, I found out that everytime I load a new song, it stores that same value (1.1917532626) in 5 new random addresses, which could mean that it's not actually the viewport that I'm modifying, but rather the graphical objects themselves, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

The values where they were stored in were not actually far from where they were previously, i.e. i loaded two other songs, and they were found in these addresses:
a) 20629640, 2062F340, 20630180, 20633010, 207333A0
b) 20628470, 2062B0F0, 2062B480, 2061D100, 2061D180

But again, they'll only work until you exit the song, in which case, they'll be storing the value somewhere else the next time you load a song. :\
(04-18-2015, 11:34 AM)2007excalibur2007 Wrote: Hey everyone~ Smile

I'm kind of new here (only have been stalking the forums thus far and not actually participating lol), but I need some help right now with a little something~

I've been trying to make a widescreen patch for Amplitude (kinda new to this), and so far I think I've managed to do it:

[Image: P89NNNI.jpg]

However, the addresses that I modified only work for this instance of gameplay. In other words, as soon as I exit from this song...

[Image: vES8V1O.png]

They no longer control the same variable, and any widescreen effects simply revert back to 4:3. It wouldn't have the same address either if you replay the same song, unless you happen to have a savestate to load from (which I do), but even then, it would only be valid for that ONE SONG only...

So where do I go from here? :\

(also, I hope this is the right thread to post this on...)

EDIT
After messing around a bit, I found out that everytime I load a new song, it stores that same value (1.1917532626) in 5 new random addresses, which could mean that it's not actually the viewport that I'm modifying, but rather the graphical objects themselves, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

The values where they were stored in were not actually far from where they were previously, i.e. i loaded two other songs, and they were found in these addresses:
a) 20629640, 2062F340, 20630180, 20633010, 207333A0
b) 20628470, 2062B0F0, 2062B480, 2061D100, 2061D180

But again, they'll only work until you exit the song, in which case, they'll be storing the value somewhere else the next time you load a song. :\

You're in luck Smile!

Using the float value you discovered as a starting point (1.191753626; 3F988B62 in HEX), I've managed to come up a with a preliminary widescreen hack that works across the entire game, including FMVs and HUDs. It appears that it'll probably also be easy to port over to Frequency.

What I currently have isn't ready for prime time yet, but should hopefully be good to go in a few days.
I've been trying to make the widescreen patch for the game
Football Kingdom (NTSC-J) (SLPS-20374)

And i encountered one value which is correct in the x-fov, but unfortunately
fails in the y-fov:

patch=1,EE,002afbb4,word,3c013f40 //3c013f80

If somebody can encounter a y-fov value for complete it, or another
x-fov value which works fine in all the screen would be very appreciated.

Best regards.
(04-25-2015, 11:44 PM)El_Patas Wrote: I've been trying to make the widescreen patch for the game
Football Kingdom (NTSC-J) (SLPS-20374)

And i encountered one value which is correct in the x-fov, but unfortunately
fails in the y-fov:

patch=1,EE,002afbb4,word,3c013f40 //3c013f80

If somebody can encounter a y-fov value for complete it, or another
x-fov value which works fine in all the screen would be very appreciated.

Best regards.

Found it Smile!

Pnach:
  • Football Kingdom [Trial Edition] (NTSC-J) [SLPS-20374] [3A448BDD]
    .pnach   3A448BDD.pnach (Size: 281 bytes / Downloads: 581)

Changelog:
  • Added Y FOV hack.

What's missing:
  • FMVs need to be resized.
  • A variant of this pnach should be created with the game CRC of its most well-known English fan translation: Fernando's Football Kingdom English Patch v0.004 (7/10/04). Unfortunately I haven't been able to properly apply it. If it had worked out, I would've included it alongside the "vanilla" Japanese version's pnach.

Issue:
  • The Y FOV hack seems to be causing the viewport of FMVs to become top-aligned. The intro FMV is normally letterboxed widescreen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you very much Aced14! great. Smile

I have the original game which i have purchased from Japan long
years ago, and it have different CRC number (1ED40BF2) than the
one you posted.

And i'm succsessful patching the game with the english patch translation
v0.004, is needed apply it to a BIN clean image, then i converted it
to an ISO image, CRC again is different.

This is the patch with the different CRC's:

- Football Kingdom (1ED40BF2)
.pnach   1ED40BF2.pnach (Size: 1,98 KB / Downloads: 562)

- English patched Football Kingdom (3EE9A586)
.pnach   3EE9A586.pnach (Size: 321 bytes / Downloads: 546)

I noticed that the players which are more away in the borders of
the screen appears and dissappears too many suddenly, and seems
the cursor in the heat of the players changes sometimes strangely,
seems the game needs a little of render fix.

Best regards.
Anyone interested in widescreen hacking GameCube games on Dolphin using AR codes?

Yes, Dolphin has a Widescreen Hack feature, but many games require a render fix (like Ocarina of Time).

[Image: Legend%20of%20Zelda,%20The%20-%20Ocarina...s%29-2.jpg]
Many? Most I'd say. Like every game I've ever played in Dolphin with WS hack had rendering issues.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-30-2015, 04:12 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Many? Most I'd say. Like every game I've ever played in Dolphin with WS hack had rendering issues.

Hmm, yeah...

I heard you can use some Swiss thing, but I can't get it working.

I wonder if Hyakki's program can be tweaked to run on Dolphin.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Helper