PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
So can anyone do "Garfield" (SLES_52843)? Please?

Sponsored links

(08-07-2017, 12:04 AM)arapapa Wrote: Not yet completed Laugh  (2D fix + font fix) 

-------- 4:3 --------- stretched 2D & Font ----------- Wide hack fix

(Unlimited Saga NTSC, vmc is not compatible, have to use the original memory card, but IGR (in game reset) works and it runs with no modes fine using latest build of open ps2 loader)

Yea but the Font's don't look particularly ugly stretched (there not super blurred), so its not urgent. The real problem with the game was the overly huge "battle option blade" that really made the battles look obscure, that is the real issue with that game that was fixed with the pal version... ... ... ... I said something about this game months ago, but settled for converting the pal version to ntsc until now, since that worked perfectly.
(08-08-2017, 04:40 AM)psalmsamuel Wrote: The real problem with the game was the overly huge "battle option blade" that really made the battles look obscure, that is the real issue with that game that was fixed with the pal version... ... ... ... I said something about this game months ago, but settled for converting the pal version to ntsc until now, since that worked perfectly.

Maybe someone able to make a widescreen fix perfectly  Biggrin

(08-08-2017, 04:40 AM)psalmsamuel Wrote: (Unlimited Saga NTSC, vmc is not compatible, have to use the original memory card, but IGR (in game reset) works and it runs with no modes fine using latest build of open ps2 loader)

Yea but the Font's don't look particularly ugly stretched (there not super blurred), so its not urgent.  The real problem with the game was the overly huge "battle option blade" that really made the battles look obscure, that is the real issue with that game that was fixed with the pal version... ... ... ... I said something about this game months ago, but settled for converting the pal version to ntsc until now, since that worked perfectly.
Didn't know the PAL version was better, but how do you convert games to other formats? I thought doing so would bug/ cut down games in the bottom.
I dont have the game yet, so I am in doubt in wich version to get.
(01-19-2017, 02:16 AM)Aced14 Wrote: I also have a WIP widescreen pnatch in the works for it. It's not ready to release yet and I don't think it'd be wise to post it in its current state. Release date is TBD.

Here's an overview of what I'm looking into...

Current features:
  • Sonic R (single player):
    • Uses a type E code to inject ELF hacks into memory (but isn't completely working atm)
    • Ports/Reworks @Esppiral's "live" memory hacks into ELF ones
    • Repositions and resizes all in-game HUDs to look normal in a widescreen context
Todos (some of these probably won't be present in the initial release):
  • Sonic R:
    • Add support for logo/menu screens
    • Add support for multiplayer horizontal/vertical splitscreen (FOV hacks and HUD fixes)
    • Possibly get a change implemented into PCSX2 to enhance how it handles type 0 pnaches in multi-ELF games (without this part of my ELF hacks won't work)
  • Sonic the Fighters:
    • Add type E code to conditionally inject this game's hacks into memory
    • Port/Rework @Esppiral's "live" memory hacks into ELF ones

So how's your patch doing?
(08-08-2017, 03:37 PM)bajol Wrote: Didn't know the PAL version was better, but how do you convert games to other formats? I thought doing so would bug/ cut down games in the bottom.
I dont have the game yet, so I am in doubt in wich version to get.

(gsm works with the game, so you don't need to patch the ISO, "vfix" doesn't work, that those program avoid cutting off the screen) I went with the NTSC version of Unlimited Saga, for the simple reason that certain frames or scene may not be playing at right speed, since it's being converted from its original display.  Sometimes you just need to deal with it, because, Zone of the Enders 2, seems to only work fine with pal mode of gsm, patching it will mess up the image and vfix doesn't work at all or correctly)

(right now, gona try out some .CHT cheat file patches for about 2 to 3 games to try to change the controls, I though I was finished with that months but will try a few more games............just finished updating my ps2's opl, and themes, color changes because the new open ps2 loader impacted those (that was the day before yesterday), probably later today or tomorrow)

FIXED - (Dual Analog Controls for Armored Core 2 AA, 3, and 3 SL using master code "scePadRead" from Mastercod Finder 2.11, and PS2 Controller Remapper .... just add the .cht file into your OPL folder on your harddrive and then enable cheats on the game from OPL (Open PS2 Loader's Option Menu) (The Games are Pre-Widescreen Patched, just so you know, you can patch your game with widescreen and then use these) (Armored Core 2 would not work with controller remapper, the reason I'm using cheat files, because I had trouble with this before, trying to patch the controller fixes into the game using the pnach patcher, so just saved myself some time, you can try that though it may work) (Use the d-pad and L1 to confirm, and R2 to decline when browsing the menus, remember the default controls are modified)

.rar   Armored Core Controls Fixed.rar (Size: 2,13 KB / Downloads: 161)
you can typically patch game code to have more specific control over the game controls
NTSC-U & PAL

50 Cent - Bulletproof (fix 'Internal wide-screen ',  font fix and 60 FPS by asasega)

------- 4:3 ---------- Internal Wide OPTION ----- Wide hack (4:3 & Internal Wide)

** 60 FPS patch is work very well. I could not find any problem.

** Added PAL version
(08-08-2017, 08:13 PM)Pixelise Wrote: So how's your patch doing?

Since the post you quoted, I had made big enhancements to Sonic R's widescreen hacks, but hadn't yet reached a release-worthy state. Then I went MIA from game hacking for several months due to factors beyond my control. It's only very recently that I've started trying to get my setup back into gear to pick up from where I left off. Release date is still TBD.

Here's where things currently stand...

New features:
  • Sonic R:
    • Added full support for menu screens (including 3D FOV hacks and repositioning all 2D text/HUDs I could find).
    • Not a feature, but I reported a PCSX2 bug that was previously preventing foreground objects from appearing in multiplayer modes. Once it got resolved, I was able to look into multiplayer widescreen hacks.
    • Added full support for 2 player horizontal splitscreen.
    • Added partial support for 2 player vertical splitscreen. Although it's not working properly with my ELF hacks at the moment. Might need to use supplemental E-type codes as a workaround.
    • Horizontally-repositioned the spinning 3D "R" logo in replays.
    • Can't recall if @Esppiral's hacks already did these, but the title and loading screens' 3D objects are now in widescreen. Although the title screen's 3D objects look a bit off compared to that screen's stretched background image.

Todos:
  • Sonic R:
    • Propose implementing a change into PCSX2 to enhance how it handles type 0 pnaches in multi-ELF games. Without it, part of my ELF hacks won't work. Not sure how feasible it would be to work around the need for this change via other means (like extra E-type codes).
    • Fix 2 player vertical splitscreen.
    • Possibly other things.

• Sonic the Fighters:
    • Try dealing with ELF hacks and E-type codes to inject them (or @Esppiral's "live" memory hacks) into memory.

• Other:
    • Logistics involved in making a release (i.e. more testing, finalizing hacks, cleaning up pnach comments, changelog, notes, comparison screenshots, etc...).
NTSC-U

25 to Life

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   C1B141D6.pnach (Size: 633 bytes / Downloads: 266)