PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Where i can find Valkiria profile 2 [U] widescreen patch?

Sponsored links

Nowhere, you can't use a pnach to patch this game.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok thanks anyway...
Is this list kept up-to-date for ELF patches?

http://ps2wide.net/
damn i still can't make that KOF MI patch
^ Just open up the ELF in HXD, press Ctrl+R, select Hex Value from drop down menu, and type in the appropriate values. Afterwards save the file, drag the ISO into pcsx2, then drag the ELF to play the game in widescreen.

BTW VP2 is a stubborn one. I think I'm on the wrong track with it

^ Something looks just a little bit off, like it's kind of blurry

^ The new value doesn't seem to affect the dungeons

What I changed was D10D5D3D (by accident lol) I will try tweaking ABAAAA3E instead. And sadly I'm having no luck with either Yakuza game. Finding the value that changes to widescreen was easy, but it automatically crops the screen and I can't find the zoom. I did make some progress with Baroque but it's not pretty

[attachment=38990] [attachment=38989]

UPDATE: New VP2 value (for pnach)... Best I can do for now. For perfect widescreen it would probably have to be a proper ELF hack

NTSC-J pnach:
Code:
patch=1,EE,20150848,extended,3F11EB85

ELF patch (might work on all regions):
Code:
ABAAAA3E 8988083E D10D5D3D A427B33C
to
85EB113F 8988083E D10D5D3D A427B33C

Make sure you select widescreen when the game asks you. This is just a simple zoom patch. You'll notice the title menu looks a little weird, but it doesn't seem to affect in-game menus or FMVs

UPDATE 2: Found the vert fov value in cheat engine, 1.428571343. The problem is the address changes every time you enter a new room, so it's impractical to patch even with Widescreen Helper. Although even then it'd be imperfect because you can't patch by 8 bytes (changing an identical 4 byte value creates gfx glitches).

Also it seems the battles and dungeons use a different value ..

UPDATE 3: Thought I'd give elf patching Red Ninja a try. Again found vert and zoom, and again it's not perfect. Wish it was easier to find the proper horizontal value :/

[attachment=39002] [attachment=39003]
synce every time i try to load the ELF file it tells me the file is corrupted or unsupported !!!

EDIT: nvm got it working perfectly
New to my post:

Viewtiful Joe (SLUS_20951)
Viewtiful Joe 2 (SLUS_20939)

VJ1 suffers from the typical "side pop-up" problem and it's pretty noticeable in this case. I hope I (or someone else) can fix it.
VJ2 works perfectly in 16:9 though Smile
i'm getting this white weird thing all over the screen after patching the hex codes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

WA4 and 5 have crc hacks, and when you modify the elf you change the crc and disable the hacks, so the game has glitches. To fix you need to patch the gsdx plugin (or play in software mode)

Update on Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza: I don't know what the hell the devs did with these games, I changed every instance of 803f in Yakuza 2 elf and not a single graphical change. The game's really weird. I noticed with half pixel offset hack the screen gets chopped into 4 quadrants. Certain values will have an affect on individual quadrants, but nothing usable for widescreen. Nobody should waste their time trying to patch this one, I wasted enough of mine for you lol Just hope the HD edition has proper wide