PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-04-2017, 06:09 PM)flameofrecca Wrote: @No.47

I don't suppose you could also test out Ratchet: Deadlocked on an actual ps2, could you? I've tried the current patch by Psxfan and it doesn't seem to work for me.

Tested using codebreaker, even keeping the last 2 lines the same, the force built-in widescreen...

Code:
//Force built-in widescreen
patch=1,EE,E0010101,extended,00171DE8
patch=1,EE,00171DEB,byte,00000001

And the game loads up fine. I checked the game settings and the widescreen settings are already set to "ON", but unfortunately, as soon as you try to enter the main game hub, it freezes.

It might be just me, but perhaps someone else could take a look?

1. delete "patch=1,EE,E0010101,extended,00171DE8" this line
or If you have option to run homebrew on your PS2 just use ps2rd... But if you can't the 1 option should work just fine

Sponsored links

flameofrecca said that the widescreen option was forced on so deleting that line is not necessary.
(09-04-2017, 06:23 AM)demilich Wrote: Any chance you could get a widescreen hack for Manhunt 2 NTSC U?

huh.. It can run very Old version (PCSX2 r-5927).

By the way.  Manhunt 2 has a 'Internal Widescreen option.'

Ok, I just checked and thankfully deadlocked doesn't crash when loading the hub on pcsx2. This means the issue is elsewhere.

@flameofrecca I'm going to need a few pieces of information from you.

1. The master code you are using
2. How you are adding the codes to codebreaker
(09-05-2017, 12:07 AM)arapapa Wrote: huh.. It can run very Old version (PCSX2 r-5927).

By the way.  Manhunt 2 has a 'Internal Widescreen option.'

Oh wow!? For some reason I thought the same internal widescreen option was similar to Manhunt 1. In manhunt 1 when you switch from 4:3 to 16:9 it zooms in 4:3 to fit 16:19 and thus does not do real widescreen. I think most GTA games do that too. I guess the internal widescreen option for Manhunt 2 is actual widescreen, it extends 4:3 rather than zooms it in.

Hmmm, now I wonder if you could double check the existing Manhunt 1 pnach for NTSC U. For some reason I can't get it to work with codebreaker. I know codebreaker is working for me because I can enable cheats, so it confirms that the Mastercode is working.

Thanks for your help arapapa!
Anybody know if there is a widescreen pnach file for GTA Vice City v.3? Also considered as the "Haitian Friendly Version"
This link shows some info on it. The link shows that only version 3 existed as Greatest Hits version only as SLUS-20552 GH, but I do have a standalone version 3 with SLUS-20552.
http://redump.org/disc/6376/

As far as I know the only way to tell which version is what is based on the Mastering code, the SLUS are the same.
Mastering Code: PDSS-004998A1

Thanks.
(09-05-2017, 01:51 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: Ok, I just checked and thankfully deadlocked doesn't crash when loading the hub on pcsx2. This means the issue is elsewhere.

@flameofrecca I'm going to need a few pieces of information from you.

1. The master code you are using
2. How you are adding the codes to codebreaker

The master code I'm using is:
9013BA48 00832021

I added the codes using cbcmaker, by copying and pasting the codes directly using my pc, outputted that into a file, then plugged it into my ps2 and added it directly using codebreaker itself.

I should've mentioned that I've also tested it using ps2rd, the same method No.47 used with the previous Ratchet games and I got the same results. The game loads up fine, recognizes that widescreen is automatically on, but freezes as soon as you try to enter the main hub.

To be specific, basically when you either choose a new game or load, and you see the animation of the ship flying into the main planet, while the words "Dreadzone planet" appears, then it freezes.

Also, sorry for the trouble.
(09-05-2017, 04:19 AM)demilich Wrote: Anybody know if there is a widescreen pnach file for GTA Vice City v.3? Also considered as the "Haitian Friendly Version"
This link shows some info on it. The link shows that only version 3 existed as Greatest Hits version only as SLUS-20552 GH, but I do have a standalone version 3 with SLUS-20552.
http://redump.org/disc/6376/

As far as I know the only way to tell which version is what is based on the Mastering code, the SLUS are the same.
Mastering Code: PDSS-004998A1

Thanks.

At the moment, no.

I can try, but I need the .elf file or either 1.40 or 2.01.

If anyone has it, please send it to me in a private message (as .elf files should not be public), then I can try 3.00.
@flameofrecca Try this master code and see if it makes a difference:
90129B40 0C04A678

Are there three other lines in the enable code you are using besides the one you posted?

It's ok. The sooner this stuff pops up, and gets taken care of, the better.
@ Devina,
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by .elf? Do you mean the .iso of the game?